Notary Rotary
HP Remanufactured Cartridge - Smudges on Paper
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by John Bouchard on 1/7/11 6:03pm
Msg #367514

I purchased two remanufactured ( not original) toners for my HP 2055. Both began to smudge on loan doc packages once they hit about 700 pages. This is my first time using these cartridges - is it common? ALso, if someone could give me the name of some company to get toners that are more reliable, I would appreciate it...thanks

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/7/11 6:44pm
Msg #367519

I've had great luck with Quik Ship Toner and their prices are great! Here is their link:
http://www.quikshiptoner.com/catalog/

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/7/11 6:46pm
Msg #367520

darned if you do,darned if you dont. n/m

Reply by jackpar on 1/7/11 8:08pm
Msg #367526

Have had good luck with remanufactured cartridges and also the knock-offs---probably 1 our of 10 of the remanufactured had problems. Good luck in the future. I only buy knockoffs now. :-)

Reply by Michael Gilman on 1/7/11 9:33pm
Msg #367536

Actually sounds like the corona wire has gotten dirty. Most of the toner or drum cartridges have a little plastic strip that is used to clean the wire. Be sure to wipe it very carefully if you do not have the plastic strip. The corona wire is a very slim wire the thickness of one piece of hair and breaks easy. To rejuvenate old ones we used to take a number 2 pencil use the pencil tip to mark up the wire with graphite and then the eraser to clean it up. Blow away the crumbs and then it will be Just like new!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/7/11 10:50pm
Msg #367537

Kudos, Michael, for a great class. I'll add that I've

discovered some after-market/cut-rate cartridge vendors use un-tested chips (for those HPs that need them,) and a bad one can fry a Big Daddy 2430 in no time flat. I've taken to checking with tech support to confirm they certify tested units before ordering.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.