Notary Rotary
I am thinking of changing banks
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by OR on 1/4/11 12:16pm
Msg #366936

I would like to deposit all the checks I get into my bank account from my desk. My bank does not offer that feature. Is any one doing the online banking with the in home depositing feature? My Step Son can scan any check right into his bank using a scanner printer machine. I know that - of - has that feature and it is free with a free scanning machine. I am thinking of using them.
Any input would be helpful. TIA

Reply by Calnotary on 1/4/11 12:39pm
Msg #366940

With your iphone you can take a picture front and back of your check and deposit it in to your Chase acct.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/4/11 1:16pm
Msg #366947

In my area, Chase is also offering $100 to open a checking account and maintain it for a year.

Wells Fargo has a scanner that you can run a check through and it clears right away. The hardware store up in NorCal that a friend of mine owns uses that when a customer writes a check. You also have an answer whether that check is good right away for most large banks that belong to the network. Checks that are written on smaller local banks or credit unions are converted to an ACH and it still take a couple of days for the check to clear. There is a fee per check, though. It sounds like Chase is the way to go.

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 1/4/11 1:57pm
Msg #366955

re: phone camera deposits..

... I have a Droid & the Chase application for photographing checks for deposit has not worked at all for me & I have tried several times and have given up. I am on my way down to the Chase branch right now to deposit several checks none of which I could deposit using the Chase cell phone app. IMO it is worthless. (Actually, it is worth less than worthless 'cause I have already wasted a bunch of time trying the worthless Chase app., to no avail !)

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/4/11 2:06pm
Msg #366956

I have started to use the drive through window at Chase

I am fed up with all the marketing they do under the guise of having you sit at their desk to give you better service!

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/4/11 4:06pm
Msg #366969

Think about REALLY changing ...to a credit union

I have never in my life had a bank account, nor will I. CU's beat banks on all fronts IMO. My personal acct is entirely free (all ATM fees refunded, I earn dividends, free bill-payer, all the high-tech banking services, etc). Business accts are a little less frilly, but they sure don't COST me a dime.

Reply by CF on 1/4/11 4:21pm
Msg #366972

Speaking of a credit union- they let me deposit unlimited

# of checks per month. Some of the big box banks charge after so many check deposits. I have never had an issue with my credit union in over 18 years of banking with them. I pay no fees for my account if it, unlimited bill pay, unlimited ATM at any credit union nation wide, and no minimum balance. It works great for me too!!!

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/4/11 4:37pm
Msg #366978

Yep - I don't think you can beat it, either!

I can use any ATM - if it ends up charging an ATM fee, my CU simply refunds it in full (once a month). Plus, the dividends (CU's version of interest). I drop my checks into a drop-box 1/2 a mile from me - and since I'm out/about every day, no big deal.

Reply by OR on 1/4/11 4:25pm
Msg #366973

Re: Think about REALLY changing ...to a credit union

B of A is free business checking. All I have to do is one business purches or pay one business bill a month. The scaner is free too. I think it is a win win situation. It will save time and gas. Funds from the in home deposit machine are avalable as soon as the checks are prcessed into the account. I did talk to some one on line. I think it is a great way to bank.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/5/11 6:56am
Msg #367041

Ironic - just saw this news, security of smartphone banking

http://tiny.cc/4ykrr

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 7:54am
Msg #367047

Help - link not working:

Sorry, we weren't able to locate that URL. Please double check your link details and try again. Or check back later. Hopefully the destination site of the link you clicked on was not involved with spreading spam or viruses. If it was, the URL may be in quarantine and unavailable until it can be investigated.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/5/11 10:16am
Msg #367078

ok, now you're picking on me! =)

I checked when I posted, and just checked again - works for me, weird.

Here's the long link:
http://www.npr.org/2011/01/04/132657646/Smart-Phone-Banking-On-The-Rise-But-Is-It-Safe?sc=fb&cc=fp

Reply by OR on 1/5/11 11:35am
Msg #367099

Re: ok, now you're picking on me! =)

Thank you for the link. I just wish my credit union would do that. I just called and they said not can do. I am changing banks as soon as my LLC get here. I hope that is today.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.