Notary Rotary
I’ve conducted a number of dual signings, but never
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Alz on 1/31/11 9:48pm
Msg #370785

where there was two separate set of documents used.

Here is the scenario: Closing coordinator emails the same set of documents to two different NSAs. NSA 1 signs BO 1 and NSA 2 signs BO 2. Documents are then shipped to Closing Coordinator.

What about the recording of the Deed of Trust? There appears to be two versus one with two separate acknowledgements.

Is this really possible? Does anyone know?

Reply by Sha/CA on 1/31/11 10:34pm
Msg #370794

I just had one like that last week. I guess it closed. I think it depends on the lender, if they will allow that or not.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/31/11 11:07pm
Msg #370797

I have done many like that. Just last week I signed the husband and his wife was signing at the same time in OH. Happens more than you think. Obviously there is not a recording issue or it wouldn't be allowed.

Reply by Alz on 2/1/11 3:37pm
Msg #370885

Thanks, I guess there is nothing new under sun. n/m

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 2/1/11 4:37am
Msg #370805

They'll record one mtg/dot, but with two separate signature pages and two notarial certs.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/1/11 4:46am
Msg #370806

When I've had these I make sure my notarial cert reflects that I notarized one person's signature only - it reads "Acknowledged before me this <<date>> by John J. Doe *only* - and I make sure no one can add any names to my cert after the fact.

But yes, it can be done...just as Renee said.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 2/1/11 10:18am
Msg #370834

Not uncommon

Have done several. Latest, wife here in ME and hubby working in MI. Like Linda said, just make sure your notarial statements reflect the one borrower "ONLY".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.