Notary Rotary
I was talking with a prospective client (TC) today and was
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Alz on 1/14/11 7:35pm
Msg #368724

a little bummed (just a little) by what was told to me. Long story short, I shared my fee schedule with the manager and other pertinent information about the services we provide. After my little marketing presentation, the manager told me that my fees were a little high (ouch) because they have a few notaries in the area that perform in-branch signing for $XX and out of branch signings for $XXX. Needless to say, I smiled and said thank you for your time, in addition to the standard verbiage I use in this type of situation.

After leaving, I was scratching my head wondering how can a Notary make a profit doing in-branch signing for $XX? I pose this question because I generally make $XX for loan modifications and/or the standard general notary work.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/15/11 1:43am
Msg #368755

Personally I don't think there should be a difference unless the package is dramatically different/smaller. You still have to get there.

Reply by Ardel Richter on 1/15/11 6:04am
Msg #368756

Maybe they schedule 'em back to back in-branch, so you only have to make the trip once and sign several in that trip?

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 1/15/11 6:43am
Msg #368758

When I contract with a title co

my deal was a discount price if there were more than 3 back to back. Otherwise, regular pricing. They had no problem with that.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/15/11 8:31pm
Msg #368856

I have offered discounts for in house work, do not have to print the docs, use toner and many times get back to back, sometimes 5 in a row. Once to get your foot in the door, and they like you, treat you like one of their own, you can usually get a bump if discussed just right.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/16/11 8:47pm
Msg #368904

I'm with Dorothy

If I get 3/day (usually back to back) they get the $XX discount.
Otherwise it's $XXX.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.