Notary Rotary
Just need to vent
Notary Discussion History

Just need to vent
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by nccltnotary on 1/5/11 8:01am
Msg #367051

Just need to vent

I had a signing that was supposed to happen this morning and I called the signing service to let them know that I did not have documents for the appointment. I was told that they were waiting to here from the bank. I then proceeded to call the borrower and he informed me that the lender could not get the numbers together and will push the appointment back to the end of the month. I just can't understand why there is such a disconnect b/n the lender, signing service, and the notary. If the borrower has been notified then why doesn't the signing service know this information? Then why am I not notified? I had to wake up early this morning for nothing. Yesterday, it was late documents that made me loose 2 appointments and today it is no documents!!!!

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 8:09am
Msg #367054

I feel your frustration...

but (you knew that was coming I'll bet) don't let late docs make you lose what you already have. That old saying "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush" comes to mind. This is discussed here all the time - you need to maintain control.

Reply by nccltnotary on 1/5/11 8:19am
Msg #367059

Re: I feel your frustration...

I am speaking of the appointments that the documents were late that I lost. I could not complete them because the borrowers could not wait for me to get to them (the appointments would have taken place at 10 pm or later). However, if the documents were sent on time I would have been able to get to the appointments and maybe be a little late for one of them. It was just a hectic day and things just did not go right.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/5/11 8:24am
Msg #367061

Left hand & right hand ne'er to meet ...

Hud goes to settlement agent(SA)
SA does their input, sends to Lender
Lender sends back to SA
SA sends to LO
LO sends to Borrower
Borrower calls LO and says "Eeek!"
LO decides (in this case) the "Eeek" is because of the odd days interest, only way around that is to close at EOM. LO says "no problem, we'll close at the end of the month."
Borrower is happy.
LO goes back to doing things on his Crackberry that does not include calling anyone ELSE and spreading this joy.
SA is still waiting ....waiting ...calls Lender and says "Eh?"
Lender says "waiting ...waiting ..."

Notice the absence of any hint of anyone bringing you into the loop (which isn't even a real loop, because loops are circles, not broken lines).

Part of the game. I'm just glad we're not involved in things where people could actually die.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 1/5/11 9:14am
Msg #367070

Maybe of old age while they wait n/m

Reply by LeeH/IN on 1/5/11 7:13pm
Msg #367220

Same thing happened to me today, but...I got the docs early as requested. As I was leaving the house to take my husband to the doctor Settlement called to confirm that I had received docs. Yes, docs were printed and I asked about the borrower being aware of the sizeable amount due at closing and was told, yes. Arrived at borrower's home to find nobody. Called borrower's work and he told me the closing was cancelled for today because the numbers were not good. It will probably be rescheduled in the next week or two. Should have called borrower directly to confirm certified funds at closing. Grrrr.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/5/11 7:29pm
Msg #367222

I do...when I get the HUD or closing instructions

and see funds due at table, I call borrower immediately to make sure they're aware - most times yes...sometimes no....occasional "don't bother coming cuz I told them I'm not paying"...

Self-preservation...

Reply by George Hand on 1/5/11 9:39pm
Msg #367240

Re: I do...when I get the HUD or closing instructions

Calling the borrower to confirm funds needed at closing is my usual proceedure but this morning I took the short way out and paid the price.

Reply by LeeH/IN on 1/5/11 9:41pm
Msg #367241

Re: I do...when I get the HUD or closing instructions

oooops, name changed when I posted.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/5/11 9:50pm
Msg #367242

One reason may be that there are 3 parties instead of 2

* "I just can't understand why there is such a disconnect b/n the lender, signing service, and the notary." *

One reason may be that there are 3 parties involved instead of just 2 like it used to be; Lender/TC and the NSA.

If TC's would go back to calling on NSA's for signings without the use of 3rd parties such as SS companies, the flow of information would not only be faster, but there would be at least one less chance of looking, and feeling like, we were are in the middle of a giant game of "Telephone" sometimes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.