Notary Rotary
Man-bashing?
Notary Discussion History

Man-bashing?
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/11/11 4:27pm
Msg #368075

Man-bashing?

Why is is that during the confirmation call when the "man of the house" answers the phone and you say "I'll just need to see your DLs or passports (notice the plurual form), for ID, please." He responds: "Do you need my wife's ID, too?" Now why would I or your lender or the TC need the ID of the little woman? You're the dude, man. Then, the same thing occasionally happens at the signing: "You need my wife's signature, too?" Yikes! And while I'm on the subject, when the first signature line with a date appears, I always say the date and then the guy says, to nobody in particular, "What is today???" I can honestly say I have never had a wife ask: Does my husband have to sign, too? Does my husband have to be here, too? Do you need a copy of my husband's ID, too. NEVER. And bless their hearts, the wife usually says: "She just told you the date, honey." confirming my observation that men never listen to women unless they have to or it's in their best interests.
Actually, it wasn't all that long ago that the adjunct female of the house really didn't need to sign anything. I've seen deeds where she was called "Et Ux," Latin for "and wife."

It would be kinda nice to let the alpha male take all the responsibility for this stuff, but even when et ux was in vogue, I bet the et ux was on the hook just as much as hubby if things went south. Lender would throw her out on her patootie, too.

Reply by Scott/NJ on 1/11/11 4:39pm
Msg #368080

They let women sign official documents in CA?!?

Reply by Scott/NJ on 1/11/11 4:40pm
Msg #368081

Next thing you know, they'll let the women vote too!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/11/11 5:00pm
Msg #368094

GASP!!....:) n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/11/11 5:08pm
Msg #368095

Re: GASP!!....:) Hahahaha! n/m

Reply by James Dawson on 1/11/11 4:52pm
Msg #368087

THEN you need to go on signing with me....

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 1/11/11 5:36pm
Msg #368103

Good golly, Miss Molly, next you'll say that keeping the

little woman barefoot and pregnant is not proper!!!!
My favorite is guys with calendar watches , who look at them each time that they need
to write the date. Wife then says, "Can't I just date for him?"

Reply by Alz on 1/11/11 6:03pm
Msg #368111

ROLF...You too? n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/11/11 6:05pm
Msg #368112

Calendar watches!!! I just had one of them

yesterday!!! I finally said half-way through the package when he did it again "Yep, still the 10th" with a grin -

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/12/11 1:01am
Msg #368173

One young wife (they were both teachers, and the

dining room table was the home work station, so we signed on the coffee table.) Anyway, he check his wrist for every date, and about 3/4ths way through, she winked at me, and slyly put her hand over his wrist watch just before he checked it for that page.

He turned red, everyone laughed, and on we went.

They were so darned silly in love.

Reply by John Schenk on 1/11/11 8:49pm
Msg #368150

Basher! LOL n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/12/11 12:05am
Msg #368166

Cute. I always go over all that stuff before we start, but it frequently doesn't help because:

"men never listen to women unless they have to or it's in their best interests." Wink

In all fairness, though, it seems to me to be just as often that the women are the ones not listening. They get distracted by anything and everything. And I have had women ask if they have to sign, too - usually older ladies or very affluent "ladies who lunch". Smile The good news, however, is that I've been running into more and more situations where it's the wife who is the equivalent of the "alpha male" - or at least the one who has taken charge of the refi. Those tend to be younger couples. I think the times, they are a-changing...

On a serious note, though, I seldom have any issues with ID being presented since I cover that when the confirmation call is made. Most often - especially lately - they have their IDs ready for me when I get there. Might have something to do with the caliber of individuals who are qualifying for loans these days!

Reply by James Dawson on 1/12/11 1:10pm
Msg #368243

Bingo!

>>>>>>> Might have something to do with the caliber of individuals
who are qualifying for loans these days! <<<<<

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.