Notary Rotary
Michael Christopher Hawkins
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by FGX/NJ on 1/22/11 8:01pm
Msg #369675

I have been informed by the West Point Association of Graduates that according to their records Michael Christopher Hawkins class of 2006 is an ACTIVE DUTY Captain in the U.S. Army

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/23/11 11:08am
Msg #369729

That's hard to believe. Are you sure it's the same one?

I wouldn't think active duty officers would have the time to begin a business in the civilian world. At least, I didn't have the time or inclination and I know his superiors would not be happy if they found out. Of course, my experience was a long time ago. Perhaps things are different now.

Reply by FGX/NJ on 1/23/11 12:09pm
Msg #369734

Re: That's hard to believe. Are you sure it's the same one?

NN Chris says on his Linkedin profile tht he served on active duty from May 2006 to Jan 2008 after graduating West Point..
It looks like NN Chris is not Capt. Michael C. Hawkins. There is only one Hawkins who graduated West Point 2006.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/23/11 12:16pm
Msg #369737

Could the active duty be the reserves or the

National Guard? Perhaps it IS him..

Reply by HisHughness on 1/23/11 12:54pm
Msg #369741

Re: Could the active duty be the reserves or the

"Active duty" means 24/7. Reserves and National Guard get called to active duty. By definition, if you are on active duty, you're not serving in the Reserves or National Guard.

Unless, of course, you're in the Reserves or National Guard and get called to active duty, in which case you are a Reservist or a National Guardsman on active duty...

Nevermind.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/23/11 1:01pm
Msg #369745

<<blink>> n/m

Reply by FGX/NJ on 1/23/11 12:55pm
Msg #369742

Re: Could the active duty be the reserves or the

West point grads are obliged to serve 5 years ACTIVE DUTY unless disabled.
Not Reserves or National Guard

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/23/11 1:02pm
Msg #369746

Okay...didn't know...was just a thought... n/m

Reply by Cari on 1/23/11 12:58pm
Msg #369743

why do you keep giving this guy FREE advertising? n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 1/24/11 8:30am
Msg #369816

or discussing his personal info on a public forum????? n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/24/11 11:51am
Msg #369851

Why do YOU keep bringing him up?

Quit stalking the guy. Yes, he is a criminal, and yes, his website is a fraud. But I don't think any of us care where or when he served in the military and I don't see why you are going to such great lengths to find his personal information.

I don't mind the continuing discussions on the NotaryNow *website*, because it is very important and relevant to our profession. But as for Chris Hawkins' life on a personal level, I couldn't care any less.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/24/11 12:44pm
Msg #369865

When did he have his day in court? I missed that.

Shouldn't you say: presumed.

I think that many might care whether he is military as there are huge numbers of ex-GI's here and my life revolved around the military many, many years. We don't like to be sullied esp. without cause.

Reply by NotaryNow on 1/24/11 7:04pm
Msg #369944

Thanks to those who already tried to keep the conversation professional. I don't think my personal life is relevant, but it appears as though the AOG has innacurately listed me as active duty (I am not). Here are pictures of me graduating and shaking hands with the president. http://imgur.com/zL1Ep

We have spent a lot of time researching the law with top notch attorneys. We only work out of some states and this is a dynamic list. While we are new, we have thought about every step of the process of how a notary can and should do their job and made subtle improvements throughout that process. If you have any professional, notarization related questions, please call us at 805.604.5508 for the latest.
Chris
NotaryNow

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/24/11 7:41pm
Msg #369947

Chris, IMO your "top-notch" attorneys aren't so

top-notch - you're operating out of NJ and so far the SOS office has stated that personal physical appearance is required...webcams don't cut it...

I'd get my retainer back if I were you...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.