Notary Rotary
My day to vent!!!
Notary Discussion History

My day to vent!!!
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by 1lessday on 1/27/11 4:51pm
Msg #370266

My day to vent!!!

I have been taken advantage of by Sunshine Signing Services, Bancsource and American Signing Services. Sunshine so graciously lied about a dual signing, and have decided to only add $15 for the additional drive across town to complete it. Bancsource owes me $25 for a single document signing from the 1st of Dec and informed me they were quite sure they paid it but would not offer check # or check with their bank. And my favorite is American...completed 2 signings with them, only paid for 1 and a half because of lenders mistakes. Ha, do me once shame on you, do me twice and I will sue!!! Thought that was funny!!

Reply by Cari on 1/27/11 7:14pm
Msg #370280

"Thought that was funny"...so was your rant...$25 seriously?

Is this a joke?

If not, did the signers come to your house??

If you accept such low fees, and I think that's a record here, then how can we trust what you write on this board as being true??

I mean, what the hell man!? Really?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/27/11 7:46pm
Msg #370287

Cari..$25 for one document.. n/m

Reply by 1lessday on 1/27/11 7:58pm
Msg #370289

Re: Cari..$25 for one document..

For a walk thru my yard!!! I will walk thru my yard for $25 everyday!!!

Reply by HisHughness on 1/27/11 9:18pm
Msg #370293

Re: "Thought that was funny"...so was your rant...$25 seriously?

***If you accept such low fees, and I think that's a record here,***

There is more than one signing agent in Austin who will do a single document for $25. If it's at the Starbucks one block from my house, I'll do it for $35. My normal Monday-Friday during-business-hours fee is a minimum of $50. So $25 is on the far bottom edge of reasonable.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/27/11 7:19pm
Msg #370281

you should post as much info as you can in S/C

Reply by 1lessday on 1/27/11 7:38pm
Msg #370286

It was actually my next door neighbor...but that still is no cause for non-payment!!!

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 7:04am
Msg #370309

true....but did your neighbor know you were a notary?

I make it a point to let all of my neighbors know that I am, and that I can help them out. I don't charge my neighbors....but with this snow and cold, I MAY just charge them that $25 bucks LOL...

....but you're rightm still no reason for a non-payment.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/28/11 8:11am
Msg #370311

$45 Edoc signings in Chicago

I know a group of 5 Notaries, (part time), that do E doc signings for as low as $45, usually 50 - 60. They advertise that they work as a group of 5 and they print out all of there docs at their day time job. Their manager is ok with it as one of his daughters works with them. They mostly work the north side of Chicago but do occasionally do a few not too far from me. I have talked with them till I was blue in the face, does no good what so ever. They are trying to expand. I have seen this line of work really take a hit lately.

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 10:10am
Msg #370322

Larry, still waiting on you to pm me about this... ;) n/m

Reply by Rhonda Luna on 3/29/11 8:01pm
Msg #377890

Can you clarify the company name and state for your post? I work with American Signing Services in CA and have not had any trouble. I have noticed there are companies with similar names. Could you be speaking of American Signing Services out of Ohio?

Thank you!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.