Notary Rotary
My head hurts now...
Notary Discussion History

My head hurts now...
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Baragona/MO on 1/30/11 11:59am
Msg #370583

My head hurts now...

...after watching this video on YouTube. This guy has other videos on YouTube as well and in all of them it seems like he is doing something wrong or unethical. Also, if I had someone show up at my house or place of business wearing an oversized t-shirt with his phone number on it, I'd just kindly ask him to leave. Watch and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYVhIP8WDQ

Reply by bob/IA on 1/30/11 12:23pm
Msg #370585

Watched another of his videos and he talked a lady into signing a POA. Wow.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/30/11 12:46pm
Msg #370588

Another "Rob the Noary" postings

Msg #352835

If I remember correctly, these were for show that he was attempting to get produced for TV.

LOL some people might actually use his videos as "training" Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 1/30/11 2:22pm
Msg #370598

I didn't even have to view video - I knew who it was. LOL n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/30/11 8:50pm
Msg #370611

Same here, but I did watch for a good laugh this morning. :) n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/30/11 2:18pm
Msg #370597

This guy sickens me

He makes a complete mockery of our profession. Maybe he thinks being a notary is a funny joke, but I take my position as a public official seriously. JMHO

Reply by Cari on 1/31/11 12:30pm
Msg #370680

"This guy sickens me" Seriously, give me a break! He's just

making our profession a bit more...."interesting"....not necessarily a "mockery" which I think is a bit extreme.

The videos should be also be labeld as "What NOT to do if you're a Notary Public" IMO LOL.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/31/11 1:22pm
Msg #370712

Maybe others interpret his videos as "what not to do" guides

but IMO this is nothing more than a stupid, ignorant man trying to belittle our profession and position. Public perception of notaries is already so low - do we really need this idiot making the public think even less of us? He is trying to make fun of those who take their jobs seriously. Well I, for one, do take my position very seriously and I don't find this trash funny in the least bit.

Reply by MobileZ71 on 1/30/11 8:45pm
Msg #370610

Did Rob the notary give legal advice in this video? When Rob the Notary said we need POA, and a few other things, would he be stepping into the act of law?

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/30/11 8:58pm
Msg #370612

LOL He does on other videos as well.

His videos are basically "How NOT to 'do notaries' "

I think he was going for a "sitcom" or something like that.

A guess on my part, but he is probably making a statement on the 'heard mentality' of XYZ churning out Notary Public's just for the sake of ginning up the number of NP (and their membership fees).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.