Notary Rotary
NREIS - anyone else going unpaid?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Stacye Harrison on 1/12/11 7:29am
Msg #368183

I have a couple of invoices that have gone unpaid with NREIS, anyone else having this problem? Or have you had this problem in the past but did get it resolved? If so, how? Part of me would love to contact the lenders and let them know what type of company they are contracting so they would make a better decision in the future. I have been doing closings for many years; never had to return for notary error and have not had unpaid invoices. This company takes the cake! Maybe I should agree to the signings when they call and then just not show up. Huh, something to think about.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/12/11 7:42am
Msg #368188

If you are not getting paid, just don't take any jobs

from NREIS. I can't imagine why you would take this out on the borrower. Just imagine how may rate locks could be lost due to your stupidity!

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 1/12/11 8:37am
Msg #368196

My last invoice with NREIS took 84 days, three phone calls, & 1 email before I was paid. They are on some sort of 'delayed payment schedule' & you ought to give them a call to see whats up. But I did get paid.

There is lots of past discussion about NREIS on this board, so you might want to use the search button to research that --- your best option is probably to phone them; if you stiff the borrower - as your post suggests --you will be in big trouble, I suspect.

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 1/12/11 2:02pm
Msg #368250

Gosh, I thought they were out of business. n/m

Reply by Terry Gibbons on 1/12/11 8:41am
Msg #368197

Stacye, I have a couple of invoices since June 2010. I've called ,e-mailed ,cert, letter they don't respond either. At this point I have written it off, if they do ever pay feel lucky. Terry

Reply by mtnotary on 1/12/11 8:46am
Msg #368199

Unpaid issues in the past

In the past I have been unpaid but they did catch up when I contacted Ken Awes at the following email address.
[e-mail address]
Hope this helps.

Reply by WINotary on 1/12/11 4:36pm
Msg #368278

Re: Unpaid issues in the past

Thank you for this info - they owe me for two signings dating back to Nov. 10 still.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/12/11 8:53am
Msg #368200

Serious payment issues with this company have been reported here for the last 12 months. I've never worked for NREIS - so many notaries said they would continue to take work from them once they got caught up on payments. But now they are late paying again, it seems.

Reply by pan/nd on 1/12/11 9:06am
Msg #368202

I USED to do a lot of work for NREIS

Then the checks started to get late and pretty soon they owed me a bunch.

Took awhile--a long while-- but they paid it all.

Then I refused to take any more from them.

They called about 4 months ago and I took one on a TEST basis.

It took over 2 months to get paid without badgering.

THEY FAILED THE TEST.

I'll take no more until I see that they pay promptly.

Reply by Trans State Services, Inc - Administration on 1/12/11 9:13am
Msg #368203

An avenue you may try, is documenting and writing to your state Department of Insurance, claiming this company may not be paying as per HUD disbursements. This usually gets action, as the Department of Insurance will want to audit companies that are not disbursing funds as per HUD guide,lines.

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/12/11 9:42am
Msg #368210

The last invoice I had for NREISbecame over 90 days.
Go online to the State of PA website, Deptment of insurance and file a complaint.
It did get action.

Reply by Cody on 1/12/11 10:51am
Msg #368217

They are all caught up with me and the last job I did, 12/10, was paid the first week of January.

Reply by desktopfull on 1/12/11 12:40pm
Msg #368240

Going on for over a year, why did you take closings? n/m

Reply by ConnieK on 2/1/11 11:27pm
Msg #370963

I have done three signings for NREIS and have got full payment. I have just completed a signing for a long distance over 60 mile one-way and I will report payment when received. They want fax backs but do not indicate until confirmation form is received. Need to ask. I do charge for fax backs. Takes time and woirk.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.