Notary Rotary
National Vendor Solutions, FL
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Retsing on 1/18/11 3:58pm
Msg #369106

Have an assignment from them but thought it was interesting that over and over they say not to contact the borrower because the appointment has been confirmed.
It seems like the professional thing to do for the local notary to call in advance.
Any idea why they would not want me to confirm with the borrower?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/18/11 4:28pm
Msg #369108

They don't want you to contact the borrower until

they've gone over the final HUD with them - you get approval to contact from the lender once that's done along with a phone number for the borrower.

I'm guessing (and yes, it's only my guess) that the lender doesn't want to take that chance that the notary is going over the numbers with the borrower and possibly losing their deal.

Reply by hp/MD on 1/18/11 4:52pm
Msg #369109

I do a lots of signing for them and I like the way they do things. I had one today. I was going to be late about 1/2 hour ( due to freezing rain and snow ). I called NVS and they informed the customer. Customer rarely has any questions. Easy.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/18/11 4:54pm
Msg #369110

Well, customers have also been known to be a

no-show, or unwilling to sign, or not available to meet at scheduled time..so I hear as I have no personal experience with them (we haven't been able to hook up yet) - but others here have reported those issues.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 1/18/11 5:20pm
Msg #369111

Re: Well, customers have also been known to be a

When I get a signing from them, I go to whitepages.com and most of the time I can get the borrowers number and when I get the docs, which is usually the day before the signing, I call the borrower. I have never had a problem with them or the lender which is MIC (Mortgage Investors Corp. I have even called them and asked them for MIC's phone number. MIC will give you the borrowers number after they have gone over the final numbers with them.

Reply by Retsing on 1/18/11 6:07pm
Msg #369116

Thanks for the input.
When they called to make sure I had everything, I asked the question.
The young woman said that they tell notaries that so they don't try and change the appointment.
I called the borrower 1/2 hour in advance just so he knew to expect me.
They included a blank 'All Purpose Acknowledgement' in the package. Don't think I'm signing that.

Reply by anotaryinva on 1/18/11 6:16pm
Msg #369117

Blank Ack, you are correct, don't sign n/m

Reply by Rick Ary on 1/18/11 6:17pm
Msg #369119

They are a great company to work for and never had an issue.

Reply by Kerease Margita on 1/18/11 7:00pm
Msg #369126

I have done a lot of work for them - if they are confirming that works for me -
what I like best is they call to make sure I have arrived and to check when I am
leaving - I consider that a safety feature as I live and work in some remote
desert areas - Way to go NVS

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/18/11 7:03pm
Msg #369128

"they call to make sure I have arrived and to check when I am leaving"

I would find that far too micromanaging for me - they're not worried about your safety - they're ultra-supervising you..

MHO

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/18/11 7:23pm
Msg #369133

Ditto Linda. I hate that. I have been burned by NVS as n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/18/11 7:24pm
Msg #369134

Sorry. I will not ever take a signing from them or any n/m

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/18/11 7:28pm
Msg #369138

I don't know what's happeneing. Sorry again

Again. I will not ever take another signing that I cannot confirm first. I was burned by NVS
as the borrower was not home. A cleaning lady was there and she said they were out of town. I lost other closings that night as it was EOM. I was only paid a trip fee too. No confirm, NO go. Period. We need to make sure they have valid ID's and without talking with them in advance, we can't be sure of this.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/18/11 7:38pm
Msg #369140

I told NVS I would do it if they would pay me

whether the borrowers signed or not. They would not do that.

Reply by Baragona/MO on 1/18/11 11:00pm
Msg #369153

Re: I told NVS I would do it if they would pay me

I only did one for NVS and that was back in June. I did find it odd that I could not call borrower ahead of time to confirm appointment. Thankfully, borrower was there at agreed time. I will agree that he was aware of figures ahead of time and that signing went relatively smoothly. However, the whole thing still did not feel 'kosher' to me. They paid quickly and overall they seemed to be a pretty decent SS when it comes to grading. Yet, I never felt entirely comfortable during the whole process and this is probably why we haven't worked togehter since.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/19/11 1:18am
Msg #369158

I'd like to know what they would do if you didn't answer the telephone? Let's just say you dropped it and broke it, would they call the borrower? If you didn't arrive because of a flat tire, would they call the sheriff? I don't think safety has anything to do with it, it's called micro managing.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/19/11 7:23am
Msg #369162

I have done a fair amount of work for them in the past, but I keep their jobs in my zip code due to the no call policy. I have had a couple of no-signs with them and they paid me half the original signing fee without issue. Since I keep these close to home, it was acceptable to me. They have not called me in a while - see Msg #365289.

Reply by FSN/FL on 3/10/11 12:30pm
Msg #375735

I just got a WO from them, and it states to call borrower in advance to confirm appointment. Maybe they have change this procedure.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.