Notary Rotary
Need notary stamp reviews & yes I did search first
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Julie/MI on 1/22/11 11:13am
Msg #369633

Just received my new notary commission and I need new stamps. I have used the self-inking x-stamper for the last 8 years as I was able to try it out at the office supply.

I tried my brother's stamp and the mechanism "flips" while depressing the stamp and I don't like that at all.

Also to Michigan notaries, I need an embosser for international adoptions and I don't want the embosser to have the "acting" in verbage as it's already on my stamp. Anyone have any experience with this?

I will be ordering a total of 4 stamps since the stupid legislators require that "acting in" verbage be added if we are outside our home county and I'm just tired if writing it in, so I want the county already filled in for the 2 outside counties that I service.

Here's what I want:

Self-inking reinkable stamp (I have brother ink I think they are all interchangable, right?)
NO border
Small font
Smooth operation
No more than $20 each

Which are absolute duds and which are the stamps you wouldn't live without? Thanks Smile

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/22/11 11:26am
Msg #369634

I buy my notary stamps here on NotRot. I have used:

Vision Self-Inking - didn't like it. It's small which is good for tight spaces but it was a cheapy stamp; It was one that Harry offered to premium members for $5 a few years ago; It had a border.

Stingray - I believe this one was pre-inked; I liked it; It had a border.

Brother 2260 - This is what I currently use and it has a border; It's pre-inked; I wish I had purchased the Brother ink refill with it to save on shipping charges - I could not find the Brother ink in the stores and the shipping was kind of high for such a small item; This is a good stamp.

Vision 400 Round - I currently use this one when I can't fit my Brother stamp on the doc; This is a self-inking stamp and I'm not too fond of it; Operation is not smooth and it's difficult to get it unlocked sometimes; Now the Ultimark round is available so I may order that one next time I renew my commission.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/22/11 1:04pm
Msg #369643

I'm renewing now, too. Have been using the same (rectangular w/border) Ideal stamp for the whole ten years of AR commissions. It has the flip mechanism and I've never had a problem with that & I honestly believe the mechanics would make another 10. I am crushed that Copperhead doesn't like the Vision cuz I thought it looks niftier than the Ideal.

However.... ink is not necessarily ink. Stamps take different kinds of ink (Ideal & Vision, too is waterbased) but some inks are not (oil-based maybe?) and you will wreck a stamp with the wrong type of ink. I have no idea what type of ink brother is, but you really ought to research that.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/22/11 3:31pm
Msg #369653

My advice

Design your own stamp at rubberstampchamp.com.

The flipping you refer to is a self inking stamp like an Ideal brand. I prefer self inking to preinked but I guess that is personal preference.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/22/11 10:47pm
Msg #369688

Not for Julie, but I love my max control tiny stamp

It's a TRODAT Vienna 9012.

You have to ink it yourself on a pad in the little compact it comes in but it is THE BEST for getting a clear impression in a small area.

I have also used a small impression stamp that I got here, as well. Great stamp, but no cigar as far as control in tight areas go and I notarize in a lot of tight areas on government forms. I even like to use my little Trodat on loan docs even though I have to ink it myself every time. It makes a crisp, razor sharp image that goes exactly where it is supposed to. Stress free notarizing. I got hooked on it when I used to do Beneficial Finance Loans.

I keep it and a little pocket journal in my purse and I can notarize any time, anywhere, baby. The case and all is about the size of a powder compact. Love. It. Wouldn't be without it.

I have other self-inking seals, too, but this is my favorite by far.

Reply by cal2az on 1/22/11 11:27pm
Msg #369690

Re: Not for Julie, but I love my max control tiny stamp

Where did you get the "little pocket journal" you keep in your purse? I'd been wishing for one. Thanks.

Reply by cal2az on 1/23/11 3:21am
Msg #369706

Found it -

Not available for Arizona. Shame

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/23/11 9:02am
Msg #369716

Re: Not for Julie, but I love my max control

Brenda - I'd be interested in the pocket journal as well. Where do you get it?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/22/11 3:49pm
Msg #369655

Julie, it sounds like you have a lot more leeway than many of us do. Personally, I love the Brother 2260 Elite that you can get here from NotRot. Premiere members get it for under $20.... and it's worth every single penny. I'm not sure how much you con customize it through them, but I know that rubber stamps are very easy to customize.

However, Robert's suggestion of RUbberStampChamp is a great one. I've been using them for years for other stamp needs, and I've never been disappointed.

IN fact, check your PM.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.