Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
New CA ID's are being delayed in production...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 1/7/11 9:56am
Msg #367425

Just an FYI in case this comes up... I came across this earlier this week. The person only had the paper ID and receipt, plus an extension of the paper because she hadn't received their new driver license from the state. Her receipt was dated November 1st. I felt so bad, because she didn't have any other form of ID that I could use. I explained state law, and she got so irate saying it's the state's fault she doesn't have her ID yet.

For those that don't know, CA introduced a new ID a few months ago. There has been a production backlog apparently, and it is causing some real issues. Saw this article about it this morning.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Production-Problems-Delay-New-California-Drivers-Licenses-113039309.html?dr

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/7/11 1:32pm
Msg #367483

Typical gov't bureaucracy ... n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/8/11 1:37am
Msg #367544

Go read the article again...

The delay is caused by problems with production by a private company. It's easy to sling cliches around, but probably best to do so when the facts back you up. Lord knows there are likely plenty of other opportunities! Wink

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/8/11 1:42am
Msg #367545

I ran into that potential situation last week, too. I meant to post on this but never got to it, so thank you for following through. Fortunately, I got lucky in that my borrower's previous DL was issued within five years, so I was still able to use it. I doubt that will happen very often, however.

At this point, when making the confirmation call and asking about ID, I specifically mention that I can't use the paper extensions. I do think, however, that this situation would be a perfect candidate for use of 2 credible witnesses.

I hope the kinks get worked out soon. I've seen exactly four of the new IDs so far, and I really like them. (The whole thing is easier to read, imo.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.