Notary Rotary
New Wrinkle For Notaries
Notary Discussion History

New Wrinkle For Notaries
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Scriba/NM on 1/16/11 4:08pm
Msg #368893

New Wrinkle For Notaries

I received information from a company located in Henderson, NV called Professional Settlement Services for Debt Settlement Sales Rep. I was just wondering if (1) anyone else had received this information, and (2) what thoughts anyone had on the service they are offering. It would appear that this is something between the Loan Modification programs out there, and a debtor just going to Consumer Counseling Services. The notary is paid a commission of $145 to "sell" the program to the customer. I would suggest to anyone contemplating doing this to thoroughly investigate it. I have obtained a copy of their Training Manual - if anyone desires a copy they can PM me. Haven't found anything negative on BBB but the program is still new from what I gather. I am really too busy at this time to really do a lot of research - these last two months have been an avalanche of loans. This is just an FYI informational notice and neither endorses or denounces any animal, vegetable or mineral.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/16/11 4:19pm
Msg #368897

Mst #355546 Msg #365434 Msg #368120

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/16/11 4:19pm
Msg #368898

Re: New Wrinkle For Notaries...woops

Msg #355546

Reply by HisHughness on 1/16/11 5:21pm
Msg #368901

Ralph, I gather you are new to NotRot. Welcome. As a general rule, you will find it most productive to do a search before posting queries such as this. First, because it may eliminate the necessity for the inquiry, but second, because it may give rise to other questions that you might want to query about.

Reply by Linda Snell on 1/17/11 7:40am
Msg #368910

paid a commission of $145 to "sell"

If I wanted to sell I would become an insurance agent or stockbroker and be in a legitimate business.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/17/11 9:45am
Msg #368921

"The notary is paid a commission of $145 to "sell" the program to the customer"

That would make the notary an interested party to the transaction.
The notary has to be a disinterested party.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 1/18/11 10:21am
Msg #369031

Re: MC Hammer: Can't touch this! Nor would I want to. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.