Notary Rotary
Notaring Corp Assigments
Notary Discussion History

Notaring Corp Assigments
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Vic/CA on 1/7/11 2:02pm
Msg #367488

Notaring Corp Assigments

Do "Corporate Assignment of Trust Deed" have to be notairized when signing mortgage docs. I get these as a one page doc or as two pages. One page has the top corner resevered for the register's stamp. Then at the bottom, the page is divided in half with the notary wording and a place for the notary to sign on one side and the other half is where the signer signs. I know what to do with this page if the signer has a Trust. But "Assignments" like it is a Corporate Trust for the loan company to be signed by the loan officer.
The Assignment that is two pages has the second page resevered for notaization but it has the name of the Corpation on the line by:. I get theses often and am confues each time. The noatry company employees say to sign everything and the loan officers says he does not know. The tiltle company people say do not sign Corporate Assignments. Is this correct?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/7/11 2:04pm
Msg #367489

No that's for the mtg/title company to complete

Reply by 101livescan on 1/7/11 2:49pm
Msg #367499

Vic, this corporate assisgnment of trust deed is when the lending entity decides to sell the loan off to another as a part of their portfolio, assigning the note and deed of trust to the new lender. I always make sure not to stamp and sign these, it is not problematic if you make a mistake and do notarize, they can be regenerated, but they should be ignored by notary signing agents.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.