Notary Rotary
OT: Veterans email scam - beware
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by PAW on 1/19/11 8:07am
Msg #369167

Since our community consists of many vets, and many do not read the "Military Report", I thought I'd post this very important information about a revived email scam being perpetrated on veterans (and others):

E-mail Scam

Week of January 17, 2011

Veterans beware! An old e-mail scam has reappeared is targeting veterans. Recently forwarded throughout the Army community and titled "Warning To Veterans," the current version of the e-mail advises against using the services of an organization called Veterans Affairs Services. An earlier version of this e-mail, purportedly from Michael G. Daugherty, staff attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of General Counsel, contains a Facebook link that may be an attempt to upload a virus according to Better Business Bureau (BBB) Military Line officials. The BBB advises anyone receiving this e-mail not click on the link. Also, the VA advises veterans seeking assistance to use a VA-recognized service organization in order to submit a claim for benefits.

To learn more about your state's veteran benefits, visit the Military.com State Veteran's Benefits Directory. (http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/state-veterans-benefits-directory)

Reply by LisaWI on 1/19/11 9:41am
Msg #369185

Re: OT: Paul~~Thank you

for this info. I forwarded it to my mom who is our VFW Auxiliary President. Smile

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 1/19/11 9:44am
Msg #369186

AND , a great deal for veterans. USAA, considered by many

(including me) to be the best insurance company in the world, has now opened up membership to any honorably discharged veteran. Originally only for military officers.
Suggest that you call them to inquire. Promise that you wont be sorry.
800-531-8111
BTW, thanx for the tip, Paul.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/19/11 9:57pm
Msg #369307

Re: AND , a great deal for veterans. USAA, considered by many

I am covered because of my father....so this is extended to all family members whether living at home or not.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.