Notary Rotary
Ocean Pacific Notary Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 1/10/11 12:14am
Msg #367793

I am interested in learning what you know about Utah law restricting Utah notary/signing agents
Thank you

Reply by MW/VA on 1/10/11 8:58am
Msg #367801

This was discussed recently if you do a search. n/m

Reply by pat/WA on 1/10/11 10:31am
Msg #367815

Re: This was discussed recently if you do a search.

This message was intended for Ocean Pacific Notary Service

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/10/11 10:32am
Msg #367817

Pay, why not just call Gina..you'll probably get an

answer much quicker...meanwhile see Msg #367363

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/10/11 10:33am
Msg #367818

Woops...err..Pat - sorry..:) n/m

Reply by Dan/UT on 2/11/11 4:25pm
Msg #372420

I am a Notary in the State of Utah and currently have no problems doing notaries with home loan documents. I agree that if there is a change in law that would be a problem for notaries. Recently, I spoke with the Lt. Governor's office after rumors of a law change. I was told that there is no law and no plans of a law change that would prohibit notaries acting in this capacity. However, I made contact again today after reading these forums on a "secret law" and am waiting reply. I will keep you posted on this discussion. Until then, happy signings.

Reply by Amer-Hispana LLC - Dan on 2/11/11 7:29pm
Msg #372440

I am a Notary in the State of Utah and currently have no problems doing notaries with home loan documents. I agree that if there is a change in law that would be a problem for notaries. Recently, I spoke with the Lt. Governor's office after rumors of a law change. I was told that there is no law and no plans of a law change that would prohibit notaries acting in this capacity. However, I made contact again today after reading these forums on a "secret law" and am waiting reply. I will keep you posted on this discussion. Until then, happy signings

Reply by Uno on 6/14/11 6:19pm
Msg #386207

I just talked to Justin Lee at the Lieutenant Governors Office in Utah regarding this requirement. He invited anyone with questions to call his office. (801) 538-1041. This is an issue that comes up in his office on an on going basis. He is aware of the concerns regarding notary closings, but said as a Notary commissioned by the State of Utah the notary still has the right to witness the signatures and notarize loan documents. That is the purpose of being commissioned by the State. Utah Notaries are not designated to any specific Utah licensed escrow agency, and work independently. If a Notary works with an escrow agency or a bank, that is acceptable, but the commission is assigned to the notary as an individual, not the title agency, bank or other financial institution.

Utah does not issue a Title Producers License for notaries, because they do not produce HUDS or answer specific questions regarding the HUDS. Those questions are referred back to the loan officer or title agency and it's escrow officers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.