Notary Rotary
Parallel port converter
Notary Discussion History

Parallel port converter
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Gavina Franklin on 1/23/11 11:18am
Msg #369730

Parallel port converter

I had to buy a new PC that run window7 and this PC does not have a parallel port where I can connect my HP 4100TN. I went to office depot and they give me a converter but my printer still does not work. Is there anyone out there who uses one of these converters and has an operational HP4100TN?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/23/11 11:42am
Msg #369732

Don't have your printer, but perhaps I can give you something to check out.

First, go to the HP site and download the Win7 compatible drivers for your printer if available. I am almost certain the Vista drivers will not work.

Then when you install the software, make sure when it asks for a port, specify USB. Even though you are using a parallel port on your printer, your computer will think it's a USB port you are using, and you have to tell it so if asked.

Hope this helps.

Reply by wisconsin on 1/24/11 9:08am
Msg #369823

Some Vista Drivers work for windows 7, that is what I had to use with my HP 8150 on my other computer when Windows 7 first came out.
is it network capable? That might be easier to just set it up through your network.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/24/11 8:29am
Msg #369815

I hope you can get that to work correctly. I had an HP 4100 (older model) that I had to do that with & it never worked right. I finally had to ditch it.

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 1/25/11 12:29am
Msg #369971

I spent so much time working on this printer. I just give up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.