Notary Rotary
Question regarding MD properties
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Teresa/FL on 1/25/11 5:11pm
Msg #370055

If the closing is being done in another state (FL, for instance), is it necessary for the notary to have a TPL?

I received a call from a SS today for a refi closing on a MD property and was asked if I had a TPL. I responded that I do not but had closed loans on MD properties before (3 or 4 years ago) and did not think the TPL requirement applied if the closing was taking place outside of MD.

I suggested they contact an attorney or the Maryland Insurance Commissioner to confirm. Does anyone know the answer?

Reply by Art_MD on 1/25/11 8:48pm
Msg #370087

Not required if notarized out of state.

Art

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/25/11 8:54pm
Msg #370089

Thanks Art, that's what I thought.

It's a moot point for the assignment today.

I would not accept $60 to print 180 pages (x 2) and conduct the closing at a location 12 miles away, then fax back all the notarized docs.

The SS did not accept my counter-offer of more than twice their fee plus $25 for fax-backs and an additional $25 if the hotel charges for self-parking.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.