Notary Rotary
Servicelink
Notary Discussion History

Servicelink
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by mtnotary on 1/13/11 10:28pm
Msg #368592

Servicelink

Anyone else not paid yet for November from Servicelink? Normally they are pretty good about getting you paid by the 20th of the month but this time I haven't recieved a check yet.
I emailed them and resent my invoice and was told that the check was cut on the 7th of January. However it is now one week later and still no check. It shouldn't take this long to get here even from the east coast.
Any suggestions that I might try?

Reply by hp/MD on 1/13/11 10:38pm
Msg #368593

I did one on 11/24/2010 and after calling them several times, I received check on 1/6/2011. It was 60 miles away for more than $2XX. I think I work for them again.

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/14/11 12:33am
Msg #368599

Normally get my check around mid-month to the third week of the month. In December, I contacted them about November signings, for Santa needed some financial assistance. Was told a check was cut on that day, the 17th. It arrived. 'Twas dated the 17th, postmarked on the 21st, and received on the 24th. SL is a very good company the work with. The Aliquippa, PA office requires and invoice at the end of the month, for all signings done that month, and normally pays within about three weeks. The office in Coraopolis, PA does NOT require the monthly invoice and my checks usually arrive 6 or 7 days after the signing! That's great!

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/18/11 10:58pm
Msg #369152

Two offices? How did I never notice this?

Oh man... This sure explains a lot. I don't know how I never noticed that they have two offices. I did wonder, as sometimes it seemed like they had two different things going on.
Digging up my invoice file to reconcile... Ugh!
Thanks for mentioning this.

Reply by shellync on 1/14/11 1:58am
Msg #368601

Servicelink always pays. Your check could be delayed because we have had too much winter weather on the east coast resulting in airport closures.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 1/14/11 7:03am
Msg #368605

Be sure you use their invoice form

Reply by mwm143 on 1/14/11 10:49am
Msg #368629

Same for me

I too have not yet received payment for November and after following up was told it was mailed on the 7th. I haven't received it yet. Could be they delayed November payments for some year end accounting reasons.

Otherwise they have always paid faithfully.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/14/11 11:18am
Msg #368635

Re: Same for me

They may be playing word games with you guys. The original poster said they were told their check was *cut* on the 7th. I have found that that does not always mean the check was subsequently *mailed* on the same day, or even the next day. They could still be holding it!

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/18/11 11:03pm
Msg #369154

Perhaps some are held for second signers?

At a corporation I worked for, all checks over $2,000 had to have a second signer. This got really tricky during the holidays and slowed all our payables down a lot, as we seldom had two corporate officers in the building to sign checks. Every company has different governance rules, but a threshold of $1,000 or $2,000 isn't at all unusual. I always add another 10-12 days before I hassle people about payment over the holidays. The combination of year-end and compliance with all the wacky new tax laws this year, plus navigating the holiday schedule of everyone authorized to sign checks, AP is always a nightmare this time of year. (Can you tell I've done Accounts Payable before?)

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/14/11 11:39am
Msg #368640

Hmmm... I got my Nov. closings check right on schedule n/m

Reply by samH/CA on 1/14/11 12:12pm
Msg #368649

Re: Hmmm... I got my Nov. closings check right on schedule

I always got my check before end of the month.

Reply by Lavergne Manuel on 1/14/11 12:21pm
Msg #368651

Re: Hmmm... I got my Nov. closings check right on schedule

I have worked for Servicelink almost 10 years and have never missed getting my check around the 20th to the 23rd is I sent my invoice at the beginning of the month for the last month. I got my November signing payment on Dec. 22nd. The only thing I hate about Servicelink is that when things are slow, they offer you a low fee. They called me this morning and offered me an $85.00 fee in an area where I charge $140.00. I would have negotiated a $130.00 fee but they didn't call back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.