Notary Rotary
Should I pay?
Notary Discussion History

Should I pay?
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Michelle Zalewski on 1/25/11 8:19pm
Msg #370075

Should I pay?

Just wondering if the Premier membership is worth it? I have been a notary for 6 months now and still trying to get business on a regular basic and was curious if I purchased the membership if it would help. Any help or ideas would be appreicated. Thanks!

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/25/11 8:32pm
Msg #370081

It works for me.

Reply by Michelle Zalewski on 1/25/11 8:34pm
Msg #370082

Thanks! I think I may. I just did not want to spend the extra money if it did not work.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/25/11 8:40pm
Msg #370085

Do a search in your zip code to see how many names

appear... a paid listing will bump you up the list - doing the search will give you an idea whether your name is going to show up or not.

Reply by Blueink_TN on 1/25/11 8:35pm
Msg #370083

Are you serious about becoming a successful signing agent? Invest in yourself, pay the money and stand out. It is WELL worth it.

Reply by Michelle Zalewski on 1/25/11 8:43pm
Msg #370086

Thanks! I am going to invest myself. With money tight I just wanted to make sure it was worth it. I really want to become a sucessful signing agent. It is a great job!

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/26/11 4:22am
Msg #370106

I rarely get work off this site, the chatroom is worth the membership

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/26/11 4:47am
Msg #370107

As a newbie you will be called by low or no-paying companies

NotRot has Signing Central which as you probably know, has company listed who are rated by actual NSAs. So before accepting gigs at $50 or even $90 a pop, do your homework is my advice to you. If you have a question about a company not listed, as here if they are good/bad/or ugly...most of the time, you WILL get answers.

Then, when figuring out what you are worth, include covering your expenses in your fee, such as: gas, commission, stamp, insurance (car and nsa) fees, paper (both letter n legal), laptop or PC, printer office and/or mobile, fax machine/scanner, toner, dedicated landline phone, and most importantly - figure out your hourly rate.

I would strongly suggest that you get some sort of NSA TRAINING prior to accepting any further gigs, especially if you are totally unfamiliar with loan transactions. This site has great resources. But you can do a Search using the organge button above for suggestions.

Once you know all that is truly involved with being an independent contractor and educated NSA, PLEASE do NOT fall for these low ball fees - especially if they offer you $50 but you'll be promised lots of work - WRONG. Many on this site can tell you, volume doesn't mean squat at $50 a closing.

Don't sell yourself short. It is a great business, if you know how to market yourself (oh another fee for materials, including business cards)

Get paid what you are worth, AND at the bare minimum, get paid what is considered the industry norm of $XXX.

Good luck!

Reply by MW/VA on 1/26/11 8:19am
Msg #370117

I don't know what the competition in your area is like, but Premier membership has paid big dividends to me. When I was new I only took the free listing & never got calls from this site. When I upgraded the phone starting ringing almost immediately. I'm sure the membership was paid for the first week. That was a while back & the market has changed. After 5 years at this I invest my money in advertising on the 3 major sites and it is a necessary biz expense IMO. My personal experience is that the membership here has paid me back many times over. I also purchase my supplies, E&O insurance, etc. here. There is a discount for members. Good luck.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/26/11 9:25am
Msg #370124

This board's membership and expertise offers the best and quick support in knowledge of notary and loan signing trends and events. Most of my work comes from three resources like this one. Premier membership will move you closer to the top of your area. You may or may not receive a great deal of work from this site, depending on your competition. I know that in my area, I am often the only one answsering my phone, hence I garner a lot of work from NotRot.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 1/26/11 3:35pm
Msg #370192

It's the first membership I'm renewing this year. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.