Notary Discussion History

Thanks Harry for keeping your site palatable! n/m
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by James Dawson on 1/10/11 3:59pm
Msg #367855

Thanks Harry for keeping your site palatable! n/m

Reply by Cari on 1/10/11 4:00pm
Msg #367857

Re: Thanks Harry for keeping your site palatable!

???

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/10/11 4:06pm
Msg #367858

ooohhh....I see he swatted that pesky little gnat!! n/m

Reply by SueW/Tn on 1/10/11 4:18pm
Msg #367859

I really hope Anthony left on his own

whatever happened to the ability to pick and choose which posts to read? I hate censorship in any form, if you don't like reading a posters remarks DON'T CLICK ON IT!

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/10/11 4:19pm
Msg #367860

Agree, SueW/Tn. n/m

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/10/11 4:43pm
Msg #367864

Agreed where would censorship end?

I read a couple of his posts and was actually entertained that he was able to rent space in some of the other members minds. He was getting under their skin and they were enabling him. I hope his posts weren't removed because of someone's crying, sure would take some credibility away from the site just because a few can not refrain from opening his posts.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/10/11 4:52pm
Msg #367865

Re: Agreed where would censorship end?

I agree with you Larry!! If someone offends you..why would you continue to banter with that person..it is pointless! I have better things to do with my time. Gee there are plenty of peoples opinions I don't agree with but I'm not going to call them on it or act unprofessional in any way!

Professional thats my style..Remember our hiring companies read this site!

Reply by Cari on 1/10/11 5:05pm
Msg #367868

well, I'm sure he'll be back..NotRot likes to give second

chances....so be on the look out...he'll just crawl out from under his rock, same as others...

Wink

Reply by Roadie_MD on 1/10/11 5:16pm
Msg #367873

Re: Agree, SueW/Tn.

Same here. He actually seemed to be trying to improve himself and have a little fun.

Some people just don't have a sense of humor ;o)

Reply by Cari on 1/10/11 5:09pm
Msg #367869

good point Sue... n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/10/11 4:53pm
Msg #367866

What is he serving to eat? ???? n/m

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/10/11 5:32pm
Msg #367884

This has nothing to do with censorship, IMO.
I for one used the report button on several of his posts.
I come to this forum to discuss work, not to read posts that belong on facebook or you tube. His posts were meant to generate responses, and he got what he wanted. He also disregarded the forum rules after several here tried to explain to him how it works.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/10/11 5:54pm
Msg #367897

Donna, Ditto! n/m

Reply by SueW/Tn on 1/10/11 6:01pm
Msg #367899

IMHO every post that's made here is meant to generate responses. I've been a member here for over 5 years and I'm trying to find which specific rule he broke. And what exactly did you report him for? Not posting something of interest to you? Please, if that's not censorship then I'm not really sure what is. He's probably pulled his profile on his own though, Harry usually deletes the post. I can't imagine that Harry would pull his profile for doing nothing wrong but posting non-issue items as I see happen every single day here. If Harry pulled it for that then he's going to be losing alot of coin because a huge percentage of the posts here would be "judged" as not following the rules.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/10/11 6:17pm
Msg #367903

I don't know how many clicks the "report button" needs but it can't just be one. IMO

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/10/11 6:25pm
Msg #367906

Sue, I agree, I've seen alot of posts go off topic here. Usually it is people who normally post very valuable information so it's no big deal. Gives us a chance to get to know them better. I certainly would not report one occasional non work related post.
This guy was just a troll posting excessive drivel which made absolutely no sense. (excessive noise)
He posted about a movie that came out on DVD this week, talked about Jesus, responded to but did not answer any questions. (irrevelent and off topic).
I'm glad he's gone, however it happened, so now we can get on with the business of conducting business.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/10/11 7:37pm
Msg #367922

IMO it's not censorship that Harry provided the "report"

buttons that allow the forum members to have some say in what we have to put up with.
We don't have to be politically correct here. There are Rules & Guidelines established for this forum. Those who choose to abuse it shouldn't be able to ruin it for the rest of the community. IMO he contributed absolutely nothing and just made a lot of "noise". It's happened before & will surely happen again.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 1/10/11 7:54pm
Msg #367925

Re: IMO it's not censorship that Harry provided the "report"

Well now see Marilynn, that's where we agree. The report button is there for offensive and abusive posters as well as those very unwelcome advertisers. Who did this guy offend? Who did he abuse? And what rule did he break? As far as his contribution we're all guilty of that at one time or another but opinions are cheap and everyone has one. I didn't bother reading his posts after the first one or two after I saw what he was up to and he was really quite successful. Again, from my experience Harry always ALWAYS takes control when someone abuses the system and it's obvious to everyone because he deletes the rule breakers message. I can't find that here so I'm guessing Anthony accomplished what he set out to do. My concern is strictly about censorship when a select group decides they don't agree with something and all agree to hit the dreaded "report" button. That's a control issue I'm just not comfortable with. Reminds me of junior high and the dreaded "click".

Reply by Cari on 1/10/11 8:26pm
Msg #367934

Donna, he is 18 yrs old....a kid acting like a kid IMO, and

you're right, his posts were rather childish and did belong on FB and the like...

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/11/11 6:07am
Msg #367952

Why do you say he is 18 yrs old?

You interacted with him in April of 2009 on another site. That was nearly two years ago. Was he 16 then?

He's older than that.

It's interesting that a discussion continues in such a negative way. He is gone. What more could you ask for?

Reply by jba/fl on 1/10/11 8:14pm
Msg #367929

Anthony talked of something happening on Tuesday

Something big he said. He was excited - Guess who is funding this, he teased. I PM'ed Linda H. saying he was advertising something and now I think I was wrong. Msg #367684

He is a kid before the Christmas tree - looking at the fireplace and hoping Santa doesn't get stuck. A bit annoying considering his age and that it would have been better on Leisure than Work, which was what I see as the trigger here for the wild reactions exhibited. And some of you were wildly perturbed. It was a change to your day by an immature, excited kid in a candystore, who was overwhelmed. And we all know how much we don't like change.

Tomorrow, Verizon is announcing something at 11AM Eastern. It's very probably the iPhone! We'll be covering it and commentatoring live using the best coverage from our friends all around the web, like Ars Technica and Wired. Right here: [ http://www.Gizmodo.com ]

Reply by jba/fl on 1/10/11 8:29pm
Msg #367935

Re: Anthony talked of something happening on Tuesday

Unlimited data plan? http://gizmodo.com/5729553/everything-we-know-about-the-verizon-iphone-so-far?skyline=true&s=i

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/10/11 8:33pm
Msg #367936

The DVD "The Social Network" comes out on Tuesday. I assumed that's what he was talking about.

Reply by KODI/CA on 1/10/11 10:14pm
Msg #367947

What the heck can an 18 year old kid, not a notary, contribute to this forum?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/11/11 7:14am
Msg #367955

I thought he was 30 yrs old?

Reply by jba/fl on 1/11/11 9:09am
Msg #367972

If you google his name, you come up with 2 - one is 18, the other 30'ish. The older has a photo that is current; the 18 yr. old is the same, but look at the date of the site - 12 years ago.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.