Notary Rotary
Thanks Linda_H/FL for reminder on shipping & bad weather
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Linda_in_MI on 1/31/11 10:17am
Msg #370651

Linda H of FL said it in an earlier post but it bears repeating: OVERNIGHT SHIPPING WILL BE IMPACTED BY WEATHER. Keep in mind it might not be the weather where you are, but where your package is going. So even if it is sunny but cold where you are, if the airports are closed or it is snowing where you package has to go it may be delayed.

Not sure about UPS (husband doesn't work for them) but I know FedX will push up pickup times on boxes, or deadlines in their retail/hubs because of impending really bad weather. And many times the local stores dont' know when the times will change as they have no say if or when the times change; that comes from other sources. So if you have a closings scheduled, it may be worth a phone call to the 800 number or your local store to confirm pickup/deadline times.

Reply by John Schenk on 1/31/11 10:25am
Msg #370654

Yah, calling for freezing rain followed by snow here this evening. Last closing at 7:00 is 100+ mile round trip. I don't mind the snow but freezing rain could be a show stopper. I already gave them a heads up that they're calling for freezing rain. Just gotta play it by ear this evening.

EVERYONE BE SAFE OUT THERE!

JJ

Reply by Stamper_WI on 1/31/11 1:29pm
Msg #370715

I am staying in town between jobs. Every time I look out through the trees towards the interstate, I see red and blue flashing lights. Don't think I'll go on the interstate.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.