Notary Rotary
Thanks to the Indiana notaries who posted re: your tax form
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Teresa/FL on 1/17/11 4:13pm
Msg #368964

I am closing a refi on an Indiana property tomorrow morning for an Indiana TC and they were impressed that I knew about the form and am prepared to print it on gold paper.

If I had not read about this on Notary Rotary I may not have known to look for the form, especially since the TC did not mention it in their instructions.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/17/11 4:20pm
Msg #368967

Thank you Teresa! For not being a "point&sign" notary. As a NSA you do us all credit.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 1/17/11 4:28pm
Msg #368968

Your welcome... If you really want to impress them

mention the need to record all refi's and first lien purchase's on the states RREAL website at http://in.gov/apps/in_rreal/login.aspx

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/17/11 5:35pm
Msg #368982

Dennis, is this done by the TC or by the notary?

I know I'm not the closing agent, but since Indiana requires a TPL I am wondering if this is something you would do or if it is the responsibility of the TC.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/17/11 5:41pm
Msg #368985

Looks like the TC is responsible

I posted before reading the info in the link you provided.

Very interesting information.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 1/17/11 6:38pm
Msg #368993

Re: Looks like the TC is responsible

The TC (closing agent) is the one that is ultimately responsible but they want us to enter as much information as we can. Some TCs try to say it is our responsibility but they are the closing agent. Again, I enter as much as I can so if they don't my A@@ is covered, there are fines for not entering the info. I also enter a disclaimer stating that I am a mobile notary and the TC will enter the information I do not have access to. Not sure how they address the TPL issue with an out of state closing. I will ask one of my TC friends.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/17/11 8:11pm
Msg #368998

Re: Looks like the TC is responsible

It doesn't sound reasonable for them to expect me to even know about this reporting requirement, much less actually enter any of the information on the website.

They did ask me to provide my commission information and E&O along with "any other required documentation allowing you to do closings in the state of FL." I got the impression that they don't do many out of state closings. The borrowers are here on an extended vacation and I think they need to close before their rate expires.

I end up closing quite a few out of state properties, both refis and purchases, for people who are here on vacation. That's why I pay attention when people post about requirements in other states. I may not remember all the details of a particular post, but at least it prompts me to ask the TC instead of just assuming I know how to handle it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.