Notary Rotary
The Closers, Inc.
Notary Discussion History

The Closers, Inc.
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by SharonH/OH on 1/10/11 8:10pm
Msg #367927

The Closers, Inc.

Well, this is annoying -- just got an email solicitation from The Closers, Inc., out of Brownsburg, IN. So I try to check them out in Signing Central. They show up in SC if I look without logging in, but I can't get any info UNTIL I log in. So I log in, and they disappear from the listing!

Anybody heard of them? G/B/U?

Reply by MichiganAl on 1/10/11 8:14pm
Msg #367928

Curious as well. Just received their email. n/m

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/10/11 8:17pm
Msg #367930

Re: The Closers, Inc. Comments please.

I too got their email. After looking off their site, they claim to be different and above most of the rest. They tout a 36 point check list to their clients. Even referenced bush league notaries and not using them. I would be quite interested in the fee they offer notaries, requiring all this best of the best quality and advertising it. Anybody have a experience or comments on them?
TIA

Reply by RJE/MI on 1/10/11 9:22pm
Msg #367944

Re: The Closers, Inc. Comments please.

I also got the email. After reading the website it stated that the pay is comparable to other SS.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/10/11 10:55pm
Msg #367950

Comparable pay and a 36 point check list!

Sounds like a lot of hand holding. So much for them not using "Bush League Notaries".

Reply by James Dawson on 1/11/11 9:32am
Msg #367976

Re: Comparable pay and a 36 point check list!

When I got the email and package...I marked it/them as SPAM. Ridiculous fees.

I tried to calculate financial benefits in terms of SS Fees, Work preformed equally Volume.

http://www.pythia.com.ar/?id=convol

Didn't work

Reply by James Dawson on 1/11/11 9:57am
Msg #367979

meant to say = equaling n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/10/11 9:36pm
Msg #367945

Msg#268671
but not much there

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/11/11 7:50am
Msg #367959

I was curious..I inquired about The Closers..I received their sign up pac this morning..They want hand selected, professional NSAs not run of the mill notaries..But their pay schedule is $ 85.00 with edocs and $ 65.00 if overnight. I politely declined with explanation of the their quoted fee.

I will post if I get a reply.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/11/11 8:13am
Msg #367960

I can hardly wait!

um-hmmm

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/11/11 8:14am
Msg #367961

Those are XYZ fees... n/m

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/11/11 9:00am
Msg #367970

I should of added..They say we have Volume! n/m

Reply by bagger on 1/11/11 10:16am
Msg #367985

Re: I should of added..They say we have Volume!

I love that volume promise, that means WE lose money faster!

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/11/11 9:25am
Msg #367974

I have "volume" as as areason to lower my fees. My responce is I have time, but I need an agreement that you will supply me with X number of signing per month within Parker County Tx or with added travel fees within my extended travel area. If you don't, then you still pay me for tha contracted number. We can go on from here with fees for above and beyound services to get the job done.
We don't get pass the contracted number od signing per month.
They may have volume but it's not for you, it for them in the area they live and work.

Reply by Daniel Woodman on 1/11/11 9:40am
Msg #367977

Hilarious. Go to their website, then click on "Don't Make This Mistake," found here: http://www.reallocalclosers.com/14622.html.
In their opening paragraph, you'll find this statement:
"Can you relate? When we were running a title company, we had an idot notary blow up a closing for one of our largest clients."

First, I assume you meant "idiot," though I'm not sure since you haven't yet LEARNED TO SPELL!
Second, I don't care if the guy WAS an idiot, you don't exactly set yourself apart as one of the elite in the industry when you refer to a member of the group to which YOU ARE APPEALING as an "idiot."

Maybe he/she had a bad day.
Or MAYBE--if you display the same level of professionalism in your title work as you do on your website--maybe YOU'RE the ones who made the "$145,981.85 MISTAKE" that made your client want to drop you!

I'm not impressed with these condescending, false-advertising, low-paying people at all.

Reply by RedBaron/IN on 1/11/11 9:58am
Msg #367980

I did a closing for them a while back and had trouble getting paid.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/11/11 11:14am
Msg #367990

Trouble getting paid? Is this Info posted in S/C? n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 1/11/11 11:23am
Msg #367992

Sounds to me like another “Let’s start a Signing Service, and get rich on other people’s money!!!”

Reply by kcg on 1/11/11 1:44pm
Msg #368028

I'm going to come to the defense of Dean and Steve......don't read on if you don't want to hear it.

I have been doing closings for The Closers for 3+ years. We don't do a lot of business together because my fee for a refi is $XXX. If they can't assign it to a notary accepting the $85 fees, however, they call me. They are very pleasant to deal with, no hand holding and they pay. I am surprised to see a payment problem, but that's not to say it cannot happen. Once I had a no-sign at the table....they paid my full fee and reassigned it to me when it came back around. And we all know that there are title companies out there who refuse to pay full fee for a no-sign.

Some notaries can afford to work for $85.........and I do not fault them. I cannot and I do not.
But for those that can, this is a good company to work for.

That said, I think holding them up to ridicule for a mispelled word on their website is not proper. The correct thing would have been a note sent to them in private. I do not understand the rash criticism that they are getting here. I see them as a couple of entrepeneurs who are looking to make as much as they can.....that is their right. It is your right to accept their fees or not.

Reply by Marty/TN on 1/11/11 2:22pm
Msg #368038

I totally agree with kcg. I have done a considerable amount of work for them in the last several months and have had nothing but a positive experience. You can count on payment when expected and they are NOT handholders. As for the fees being a bit lower than normal, a majority of my work for them has been cash purchases, in and out in 20 minutes, one notarization. I'll take all they can send me and smile all the way to the bank.

Reply by Cari on 1/23/11 1:39pm
Msg #369757

I am having a hard time believing that ALL of those

stars in their profile are from legit NSA's...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.