Notary Rotary
The next person who responds to ....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/11 10:17pm
Msg #367702

this Anthony Nitwit guy or whatever his name is ... is as guilty as he is of sabotaging this board. STOP being enablers! Let's everybody promise NOT to respond to anything he posts, no matter what. He is dead to us. Don't get sucked in. Just let him rant or whatever it is he's doing, don't read his posts and definitely don't respond. I would really like to stop reading all this crappola surrounding him. Why try to be helpful, why try to educate him, why waste your time? He's just playing everybody, and it has gone beyond entertaining to counterproductive. (Yes, maybe I'm guilty myself of what I'm complaining about ... but I had to post this in the hope we will all unite and start ignoring this interloper ... yes, interloper.) Is this too much to ask?

Reply by HisHughness on 1/8/11 10:38pm
Msg #367703

I dunno, GG; I'm beginning to get interested. This is becoming a fascinating study in abnormal psychology and the dynamics of rejection. Although abnormal psychology might be the wrong term. What we're witnessing may be normal psychology for his species.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/8/11 10:45pm
Msg #367704

Agreed. n/m

Reply by aries/CA on 1/8/11 11:12pm
Msg #367705

Re: Agreed.

Where did he come from? He is obviously in the wrong forum.

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/11 11:14pm
Msg #367706

Well, HH, if you're having fun, then OK. But here's the deal then: No more whining, stomping of feet and wails of grief by anybody followed by pleas to Harry [NR] to remove him from the board (including offers of $$$$) - unless you're just provoking him to see how far he will go before finally imploding. Besides, maybe we are getting a little too serious on this board what with notaries posting about getting 19 t-prints per signing and needing an entire hour for a standard loan signing. Yikes! What's this professions coming to?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/8/11 11:50pm
Msg #367710

My standard time-slot for a signing is an hour. Many

go faster, sometimes some go longer, but ~rushing~ is not my modus operandi in any event.

Effecient, successful scheduling is the art of knowing your market and being a good neighbor. Its about listening and accommodation, flexibility and adaptability and accountability. That's my motto: Your Borrowers Are My Neighbors. The Golden Rule. It works for me.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/9/11 12:07am
Msg #367715

Re: My standard time-slot for a signing is an hour. Many

Same for me... I can usually gauge and adjust on the fly with the personality of the people I'm dealing with. An hour for me is about average, but if the borrower is single woman over 50... I expect to be there 90 minutes to two hours. Smile

I think the area culture also matters. When I lived in Los Angeles, those appointments went much faster because people just wanted you out of their homes. Where I am now, people are much friendlier and ask more questions. Also, it's very likely that you could meet these people again given that it is a smaller community.

Personally, I would be turned off by a signing agent who pulled the, "Let's get going, sign here, sign here, let's keep this moving because I have another appointment in less an hour," thing. But, that's just me.

I allow 2 hours between loan signings. That's usually way more than enough time, but I prefer to have the time buffer than be late to other appointments. Plus, I always have something I can do. For me it works because my loan volume is not as high as others because there are other good signing agents in my area who charge much less. I'm fine with that.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/9/11 2:03pm
Msg #367745

Re: My standard time-slot for a signing is an hour. Many

*An hour for me is about average, but if the borrower is single woman over 50... I expect to be there 90 minutes to two hours.*

Hmmm. If it were me (not that I'm a day over 38) I believe I would be giving the notary a bum's rush so that I could get back to my life and NR.

I know what you mean, though. I do, I do!!!

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/9/11 12:49pm
Msg #367740

<<<Besides, maybe we are getting a little too serious on this board what with notaries posting about getting 19 t-prints per signing......>>>

Hmmm.....I know of no post where a Notary spoke of getting 19 t-prints per signing. Where'd you see that?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/9/11 1:06pm
Msg #367741

I think they got that assumption from your post - Msg #367522

"It would be my word against the attorney and the client - what evidence could I show a judge that would prove I notarized 19 signatures? By recording each notarization separately, I had concrete proof that I notarized signatures for 19 identical documents.

Separate line entries with separate client signatures and separate thumbprints is irrefutable proof that you notarized someone's signature multiple times, whether on different documents or identical documents. "

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/9/11 4:08pm
Msg #367751

Linda, I know where GG got the assumption...I was being facetious because she incorrectly referenced my post - writing about 19 t-prints *per signing*. My post said nothing about any *signing* nor did it say *get* 19 t-prints. The point of it was as you quoted and certainly not about the number 19.

If someone references another's post, they should get the story straight before responding.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/8/11 11:25pm
Msg #367707

That's a pretty hard word, there, GG: "...guilty." So are

the words "...sabotaging this board."

So are the words: "He is dead to us."

Come to think of it, so are "interloper...yes, interloper."

Admitting guilt of some relevance out of one side of your mouth, yet claim you "...would really like to stop reading all this crappola surrounding him," out of the other side - GG, why don't you just stop clicking on the posts? It boggles the mind that instead, you demand exile; shunning; censorship; and then dare to ask if that's "too much to ask?"

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 1/8/11 11:44pm
Msg #367709

You're kidding, right? (Cos we are) n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/8/11 11:58pm
Msg #367711

No, I'm not kidding, GG. I really didn't see the bulge in

your cheek anywhere in your posts.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/9/11 6:14am
Msg #367723

I stopped after he PM'ed me stating this is "All My Fault". However I did have a good laugh from yesterday's string.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/9/11 8:41am
Msg #367725

A troll is a troll is a troll. We've seen them come & go

before and the forum goes on. We also have the "report" button for situations like this.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/9/11 8:49am
Msg #367728

tell me about it n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/9/11 2:14pm
Msg #367747

Anthony, kudos on your marketing skills.

I plugged in your zip code and the word "notary" into Google; I also plugged in the name of your town and the word notary. The search engine cannot see any other notary in your town or zip code. You are to be commended for your marketing skills.

It is obvious that you have spent a great deal of time on marketing your business and getting your name out there.

Good work.

Reply by DD/OR on 1/9/11 11:57am
Msg #367738

I agree with Goldgirl. I never responded to any of his posts. I realized from the getgo he was some kind of weirdo.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.