Notary Rotary
Things are tight at Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Hailswath on 1/10/11 8:43am
Msg #367798

I just accepted one from Serivce Link for tomorrow and she went over fee and said $20 for edocs and I said I get $25. She said no problem I can approve that. She calls back 10 minutes later and told me she found someone else cheaper. I said for $5.00 and she said "yes things are really tight her right now". As Jay Leno says Economy is bad.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/10/11 8:57am
Msg #367800

The trouble with standing your ground is that you can loose a lot of business that way. I would have negotiated & accepted the $20. IMO it's not worth losing the signing over $5.

Reply by Hailswath on 1/10/11 9:09am
Msg #367806

I take some for 20 and some for 25 depends on which section of Service Link that calls. One section pays $20 and one pays $25. I would have taken the $20 if that is all she would have paid except she said no problem on $25 then calls back later. Calling back later saying they found someone else for $5 less and saying times are really tough right now is what bothered me. I didn't think Service Link do those kind of things.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/10/11 9:30am
Msg #367809

I don't blame you for being bothered that she accepted your fee and then called you back later to tell you she booked it with someone else who was $5 cheaper. If she was going to keep calling around, then she should not have booked it with you.

I had a company do that to me once, except they did not have the courtesy to call me to cancel with me. After a while I finally called back and they said they found someone cheaper and were "too busy" to call me and let me know. Also from what I remember, they did not ask me to negotiate - they accepted my fee and I thought we had a deal. Then by the time I found out we didn't, it was too late for me to negotiate since they had already booked it with someone else.

Reply by RedBaron/IN on 1/10/11 3:00pm
Msg #367845

Did you report the SS on NR?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/10/11 3:40pm
Msg #367852

Yup - sure did!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/10/11 6:46pm
Msg #367913

Yep, those are the ones that bother me. Sometimes, calls seem to come in bursts, and in the few minutes right after they say OK, you end up turning down another assignment that you could have done. I think that is extremely inconsiderate and companies that use those kinds of tactics are much less likely to gain any loyalty or "favors" from us.

Reply by Cody on 1/10/11 9:09am
Msg #367805

just the opposite happened for me last week, she bumped me up $5.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/10/11 11:30am
Msg #367826

Same here... ServiceLink (with the exception of the BofA loan mods) always does okay by me. But then, maybe it's because they know upfront what my fees are...so when they call me, there's pretty much no haggling with the fees.

Reply by cremevette on 1/11/11 12:31pm
Msg #368009

Haven't had any problems here with payment (knock on wood). I did, though, receive a confirmation today from them for a Pentagon Federal loan that is $35 less than my usual fee. I have an email out to the scheduler to see if it's overnight docs or a HELOC.

Reply by Crystal Yeutter on 1/25/11 4:16pm
Msg #370050

I am floored... Service link does not accept emailed or faxed invoices. You have to pay for a stamp, mail it and hope it gets there. Exactly what decade are we in?? I spend enough time and money to try and get paid. This just seems ridiculously out of date and unreliable. Then to top it off, i accepted the closing for less. Lets step up to the technology that is available people!

Reply by Michele Dexter on 1/25/11 5:56pm
Msg #370062

All went well until 2 weeks ago. Late paying me for December "its in the mail" and now telling me fees are high and others are ahead of me in their database altho no "bad remarks on file". Interesting times.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.