Notary Rotary
Typical of FASS?
Notary Discussion History

Typical of FASS?
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Pam/NM on 1/28/11 7:24pm
Msg #370457

Typical of FASS?

I've been doing this since 2006 and have never been called by FASS. Got a call today for an 8 p.m. tonight, met my fee. Went to the website and they walked me through their hoops. I confirmed with borrower. At 4:45 p.m. borrower called me and said title had called him and closing was cancelled, basically what the heck is going on? He had flown in from LA especially to do this tonight and he had a rate lock expiring. Pretty hot under the collar. Still showing as a go on the FASS site and I haven't received any email cancellations. I called the after 6 p.m. EST time # for FASS and they didn't know anything about it. Borrower called lender and they claim docs uploaded to system at 10 a.m. FASS doesn't have HUD approval as of yet. In the meantime, I download the "Signing Professional Enrollment Package" required by FASS for future signings. It's comprehensive, with fees well below what I accept and quite a bit of stuff that I just won't agree to. Since this is my first signing for FASS, is this typical? They have great ratings on SC. Not sure if this is something I want to sign on for permanently. I did a First American a couple of weeks ago (assigned by another SS) and it was loaded with problems, too.

Reply by Pam/NM on 1/28/11 7:28pm
Msg #370458

and p.s. Borrower's contact # was incorrect in confirmation n/m

Reply by 1lessday on 1/28/11 8:01pm
Msg #370465

Re: and p.s. Borrower's contact # was incorrect in confirmation

Yeah and you will work for them for a while the KABOOM....they fire you for no reason!!!!

Reply by Stoli on 1/28/11 9:46pm
Msg #370479

They can't fire us; we're subcontract labor. n/m

Reply by John/CT on 1/29/11 10:13am
Msg #370519

So, how about "Terminate Relationship"? = "Fire", IMHO n/m

Reply by Stoli on 1/29/11 11:21am
Msg #370532

John, I was teasing to make light of an ugly situation.

It does sting when our services are terminated.

My sister once used the old line, "You can't fire me; I quit" line. I'm sure she was fighting back tears.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/29/11 10:17am
Msg #370520

They may not "fire" you in the sense of the

employer/employee relationship that we're used to, but they can sure stop sending business your way - which if they've been providing a substantial amount of one's business per month, could be tantamount to being "fired"... no matter how you look at it, you're no longer getting business (translate - money) from them any longer.

Reply by mwm143 on 1/29/11 10:31am
Msg #370525

FASS - what's in a name anyway?

All I know is FASS has got to be the most disloyal company out there! After 200+ error free closings they "no longer need my services". Seems the calls became less frequent around the time they required everyone to fill out their paperwork again. I made note of my fee schedule which is not the same as their fee schedule. The calls became fewer with most being turned down because the closings were wayyyy out of my travel area and they couldn't meet my additional fee. Then one Saturday morning I went to a closing for them and was told when I arrived that the closing was cancelled the day before with Loan Office and FASS. I demanded my full fee since they had ample opportunity to inform me of the cancellation even prior to printing the documents. (They only pay $35 if the closing doesn't happen.) They paid my full fee but disabled my access to their site. When I inquired I was informed my services were no longer needed at this time but may call in the future. I replied that due to their lack of respect and loyalty to please remove me from their database altogether. I value my services far more than to offer them to such an unprofessional, disloyal, low balling, unamerican company.

The irony of their name! First American...yet the don't employ americans first!!!

Reply by janCA on 1/29/11 1:26pm
Msg #370543

Re: FASS - what's in a name anyway?

That's the way it's been for many, many years with FASS. An extremely arrogant company.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.