Notary Rotary
Using PayPal for advance signing payment
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by UKCowboy_CA on 1/5/11 7:13pm
Msg #367219

Has anyone here used PayPal for receiving advance payments from a signing company and if so how does it work?
TIA

Reply by MW/VA on 1/5/11 7:38pm
Msg #367224

I have a couple of accts. that pay me upfront via PayPal. Go to the tab that says "Request Funds", list the party you are billing, and prepare an invoice. When it is received in my PayPal acct. I have it set up to be transferred to a checking acct. (it usually takes 3 days). They do take out a small handling charge. I've never had any problem with the arrangement.

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 1/5/11 8:11pm
Msg #367231

I've been paid once via Paypal by a SS that had iffy reviews here. He just sent the money to my account using my email address. A few days later I transferred the money out. Real easy.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 1/5/11 9:23pm
Msg #367239

be advised, that paypal does charge you a processing fee, so keep that it mind, when you quote your price.

Reply by yoshaCA on 1/6/11 12:01am
Msg #367252

I have also used Paypal for a SS that had a dubious reputation....worked out well and was glad to pay the 4$ fee to have the payment up front. 1) I got it now 2) I got it.

Reply by Michael Gilman on 1/6/11 9:25am
Msg #367289

Paypal certainly is an easy way to get quick payment. I have a few companies that utilize it with me. When discussing payment (prior to accepting the assignment) I always ask how they make their payments, check, charge, paypal and when can I expect it. The further out they tell me the higher my quote becomes. It is worth the couple of dollars Paypal charges to get paid instantly.
Enjoy your day!

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 1/6/11 10:50am
Msg #367298

All good imputs.
Thanks everyone.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.