Notary Rotary
Verifying identity is such a super important aspect
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Anthony Nizick on 1/8/11 9:31am
Msg #367560

of our job description.. Does anyone know of a free website that allows users to gain that type of information that is useful

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/8/11 9:43am
Msg #367565

You are kidding - right?

The signer presents an identification card, you look at it, check it is valid, name matches, picture matches. What more do you need?
No free website is going to be able to identify the signer for you.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/8/11 9:44am
Msg #367566

Not sure exactly what you're looking for here..

Your handbook, page 14, defines "identification documents"..

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/ipub16.pdf

NotRot sells an Identification Checking Guide in the supplies section - helps you determine, by state, the authenticity of drivers licenses for all 50 states...

Reply by Les_CO on 1/8/11 9:51am
Msg #367568

To Harry

Whatever this guy pays in membership fees I’ll double it if you cancel his membership, so that the rest of us here don’t have to put up with his nonsense.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/8/11 10:07am
Msg #367570

Nizick:

I'm not sure what you are seeking from this post, though I surmise that you are asking if there is a web site that signers can go to to ascertain how <they> can establish their identify. Whatever the purpose, though, it's obvious you are probably not going to get what you are seeking. With your earlier inane and seemingly incessant posts, you simply peed in your own milk; nobody's going to drink it now.

My advice to you is simply to stay away from the keyboard but stay glued to the screen. Read this forum. Learn from it. Don't try to show your knowledge until you have some of it. After you have been reading for awhile -- how long depends on how steep your learning curve is -- then you will understand why you got such negative reactions here. At that point, you should be able, assuming you have a modicum of intelligence, to contribute to it in some meaninful fashion.

Your involvement here is not a lost cause, though you are quickly making it so. Others have likewise gotten off on a bad footing, but have come back and become active, contributing members. You can do the same.

All you have to do is put your hands in your pockets for a while.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/8/11 10:12am
Msg #367571

thanks "royal pita"sorry to my collegues,calls himself this n/m

Reply by HisHughness on 1/8/11 10:21am
Msg #367574

Re: thanks "royal pita"sorry to my collegues,calls himself this

***assuming you have a modicum of intelligence***

Well, that question has been answered.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/8/11 10:33am
Msg #367575

I have tried very hard to stay away but..

I would just say that you Anthony are not setting a very good example, as a Notary Public and as a genuine Colleague.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/8/11 10:38am
Msg #367576

that was James career pitch for his Notary Reviews!

c'mon..thats his email address..using me to get his name out

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/8/11 10:48am
Msg #367577

"using me to get his name out"

sorry to burst your bubble there, son, but he doesn't need you...

You've proven over the last week that you need us more than we need your drivel.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/8/11 11:01am
Msg #367579

Linda actually likes me, she sends private!

Subject: Re: oh

Yes I am

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/8/11 11:10am
Msg #367583

Okay wise guy...if you're going to quote

Your P/M to me

"Oh...youre a pro...thanks again"

My response:

"Yes I am - and I call them like I see them...

Sorry if the truth hurts... "

And in reply to your last p/m, no, I will NOT apologize to you...I have nothing to apologize for. You, on the other hand, may wish to apologize to all your "colleagues" here for the disruption you've caused for 3 days. They deserve it.

I'm done with you and your childish blather - don't p/m me, e-mail me or phone me - do not contact me in any way.

Best of luck to you if you decide to continue in this field - you're going to need it.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/8/11 3:59pm
Msg #367647

The Block button works wonders. n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/8/11 4:03pm
Msg #367651

I know..it's nice, isn't it??..:) n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/8/11 11:17am
Msg #367585

Good grief, can we all just take a vow to not respond to

anymore of this fool's posts?

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/8/11 11:20am
Msg #367586

THEY ARE ALL FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 1/8/11 11:26am
Msg #367588

To Harry (NR) again

If one goes back a couple of days and reads this persons posts that contain nothing remotely related to our (other members) work, but do contain anything from demons to Jesus, and from incorrect advice, to meaningless questions. I know this site is your (Harry NR) business, and so far IMO it’s the best one of many, and I’ hate to see you lose revenue, but unless you want to change the name from Notary Rotary to something like NSA (Narcissistic Schizophrenics Anonymous) this guy and his like need to go somewhere else to get their personal gratification. I up my bid to THREE times what he pays in membership fees! Get rid of this annoyance, PLEASE?

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/8/11 1:32pm
Msg #367603

I agree with Les, enough already! n/m

Reply by James Dawson on 1/8/11 1:58pm
Msg #367606

Re: To Harry (NR) again

Agree...he definitely needs a report button nudge

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.