Notary Rotary
Very funny signing today
Notary Discussion History

Very funny signing today
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by James Dawson on 1/23/11 1:54am
Msg #369700

Very funny signing today

I had a refi, husband and wife that was the funniest I ever had. Husband was an attorney. Told me he had done this "a dozen times" and it wouldn't take long. Before I could explain anything, while I was filling out my journal he starting signing the Docs, IN THE WRONG PLACES, writing in his corrections and notes as I watched in amazement even after I asked him not to do it. He went through the whole package in about ten minutes and than said THERE and passed the Docs to his wife. I raised my hand like a school crossing guard and said whoa, whoa! His wife just shook her head in disgust.

I asked him where did he attend Law school, he answered and then I asked he if he graduated or gradually waited? He got all puffed up and I said calmly, O K, now that you have practiced we will sign the real documents. His wife stood up and said, "when you boys finish playing, call me." All three of us burst out laughing when we realized what we must have looked like to her. He said, OK, OK...I'll listen.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/23/11 4:58am
Msg #369708

That is pretty funny James.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/23/11 8:56am
Msg #369715

"he starting signing the Docs, IN THE WRONG PLACES"

Exactly the reason I never let those docs out of MY hands. Never ever. One time, I had someone similiar. He wanted the entire stack, so I put them in front of him and I stood behind him, leaned over his shoulder and pointed to every place for him to sign. He flipped, I pointed, he signed. He then passed it to his wife and she followed along.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/23/11 9:03am
Msg #369717

James, you should be a comedian!

"I asked he if he graduated or gradually waited"

What a great line!

Reply by RJE/MI on 1/23/11 9:27am
Msg #369718

Definately borrowing that one James. hee hee n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/23/11 10:08am
Msg #369720

Not a great line!!

Unless I was on a "personally known" level with this borrower, I would not have said that to him. I, personally, don't find this funny at all - and it doesn't sound like he did either.

Sorry...MHO

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/23/11 10:26am
Msg #369724

Re: Not a great line!!

I would never say that to a borrower!

Reply by James Dawson on 1/23/11 10:38am
Msg #369727

No need to be sorry and he wasn't either. We laugh afterwards, had morning coffee, he showed me his Garden. California is a great place to live, besides we were in Berkeley, the Republic of Berkeley. You would have to understand what that means. LOL

Reply by Cari on 1/23/11 11:54am
Msg #369733

find any funny little plants in that garden? HE HE JK JK...

I think that was frickin' hysterical ....and I do plan on using that line James thanks!

Also, from what I've learned from working with attorneys over the span of 22 years in the legal field, is the appreciation of straight talk...aka never bull$hit a bull$hitter...(me thinks that the politically correct phrase he he he )

great story my Cali bro......

Reply by Les_CO on 1/23/11 12:17pm
Msg #369738

Re: find any funny little plants in that garden? HE HE JK JK...

And I was worried about how to say “ stupid back-stabbing brownnoser” in a politically correct way on another board…took me 10 minutes to look up the words!

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/23/11 4:01pm
Msg #369770

<<<Unless I was on a "personally known" level with this borrower, I would not have said that to him. I, personally, don't find this funny at all - and it doesn't sound like he did either.>>>

I'm sure James walked in the borrower's door a complete professional and the borrowers set the tone for the type of rapport that they had. I believe James to be a people person and his experience tells him how personable he can be or how business-like he should be. That's the impression I get from his post.

His next signing could also be with an attorney, and that attorney could do the same dumb thing as this one......yet, based on the tone the borrower sets, James will know how to handle that specific borrower to bring the appointment to the appropriate conclusion.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/23/11 5:59pm
Msg #369783

Well said, Lisa. n/m

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/23/11 6:06pm
Msg #369784

I never get too casual with the borrowers because you never know how they are going to perceive the signing the next day or if something goes wrong with the loan in the future.
JMO

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/23/11 9:55pm
Msg #369798

Good point, Lisa. And a good warning to others to not try to use a comment like that indiscriminately. Some folks could take that as a personal insult, depending on how it was delivered, what kind of a sense of humor their audience may or may not have, and what the circumstances were.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/23/11 11:12pm
Msg #369802

Well here's a partial email I received today

from the borrower. They have a child in college doing some college reseach in our area and asked if it was alright for their child to contact me.

>>> James: Thanks for help yesterday; expect to hear from our XXXX xxxxxx XXX from Cal Poly on West Oakland/XXXXX historical information we discussed at some point <<<<<<<

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.