Notary Rotary
What is up with these
Notary Discussion History

What is up with these
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by F2F/FL on 1/15/11 10:53am
Msg #368803

What is up with these

Signing agencies that have mission statements of treating their SA's and employees with honesty and entegrity. J. Lowe Diversified, Inc. is on the DOWN LOW. They've profected the art of shopping and lieing to their SA's, thats for sure.
My advise is to stay as far away from these thieves as you can.

Re-assigning the same appt. to another notary is totally unethical, and then lieing about it to the first notary saying that the TC canceled the signing WOW. The signing was never canceled. And shame on the second notary who took the job, when she knew that it was already assigned to someone else first.
Just needed to vent, Thanks

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/15/11 11:36am
Msg #368805

<<<And shame on the second notary who took the job, when she knew that it was already assigned to someone else first.>>>

How would the 2nd notary know the job was already assigned to someone else first?

Reply by Darlene Murphey-Jones on 1/15/11 12:07pm
Msg #368809

Nations Direct low balls you and then reassigns it when they find a cheaper notary too!

Reply by F2F/FL on 1/15/11 12:59pm
Msg #368810

Sorry LTK I forgot to say that the second notary was given my info. and she called me to varify if I had already excepted the signing, and the Reps name who called me, was the same one that called her, that's how. And then the second notary proceeded to take the signing instead of refusing it.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/16/11 8:52am
Msg #368877

That's why I only accept my fee from ND and also charge them a cancellation fee if they cancel within 2 hrs of the assignment. When they are not willing to agree to that, I turn them down regardless of what they are "willing" to pay. Because they,ND, WILL undercut you after they have already booked you.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 1/16/11 7:48am
Msg #368871

What if the tables were turned ...

and we did the same. I would love to cancel when a better offer comes along, but I refuse to stoop to their level. I gotta sleep at night!

Reply by Scriba/NM on 1/16/11 2:46pm
Msg #368886

WHY do people insist on taking assignments from places like Nations Direct? I'm not going to use words like "stupid," because that's not PC, but this company has been known for YEARS now as a low-balling company, doing less than honorable things to notaries. Yet, here come more and more willing victims, jumping over the cliff like eager lemmings in assisting Nations Direct to make a bundle while they, the notaries make peanuts. Then, they complain bitterly. I fail to understand what goes on inside their heads (if anything). CHECK companies out BEFORE working for them (there are numerous sites for this). REPORT those companies that don't pay you! DON'T work for them again. How hard can this be? I read this stuff and I just shake my head. I didn't lose $1.00 last year - not because of luck, because I work only for good companies and I give them good work in return (Ummmm, yes, that's a requirement.)

Reply by upnorth/AK on 1/16/11 7:51pm
Msg #368902

I'm guessing that some of the "stupid" people that work for companies like Nations are just getting started in the business and are taking what they can get. Even if you do research the website and see that their record isn't great, I remember back when I started out and would take just about any job just to have something. I think sometimes some of you are too willing to put people down, but maybe you should try to think back to when you started in the business and try to remember what that was like just trying to get someone to hire you.

JMO

Reply by J Lowe Diversified Services Inc. on 1/21/11 10:37am
Msg #369526

I am applauded that a closer we have never done business with feel the need to go on this site and state untruths. As you are aware loans cancel and reschedule all the time in our industry, and in this case, that is what happened. Therefore, we decided to use someone else with more experience, which actually charged more money. This had nothing to do with fee as much as it had to do with experience. This closer only has two closings under her belt, which could have been detrimental to our company. We are in business to stay and cannot jeopardize our company with a closer that has only done two closings. Keep in mind her profile did not state this information but after speaking with her, it was learned. As a normal practice, we do not book one closer and then continue to shop that is counter productive base on the low fee base these days. I am not saying that SS and TC do not shop for the best rates because we do at times, but this is no different than any other person doing business, including you as SA's and Notaries. It is my wish that the notaries/ SA's use this forum to tell the stories about companies including my own with valid and complete information. Because some of the information given is a disservice to us all, including the notaries. You cannot make a good sound decision with out having all of the facts. I implore all of you to do more research instead of taking the word of one notary. This is an excellent place to voice your opinions good and bad, if the information given in its totality.

We have been in business for 10 years with an A+ rating with BBB and would not have that if we were practicing bad business ethics. So please feel free to contact our office at any point for in depth information regarding anything you find on here. We will put in you contact with other closer's. Additionally keep in mind we have very few complaints for a company that has been in business for 10 years. This should tell you something about the origin of the complaint. Note I am not stating we are perfect because we are not. However, I can say we do not try to wrong closers that just would not be good moral principles and that is would we live by.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.