Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
What on earth is wrong with Arkansas' legislature?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by FlaNotary2 on 1/11/11 7:48am
Msg #367958

This has been briefly mentioned before, but Section 21-14-111(2) of Arkansas law allows a notary to notarize a signature simply because he "recognizes the signature of the signer by virtue of familiarity with the signature". Sounds to me like Arkansas has completely missed the point of notarization and has changed the very foundations of notarization to suit the needs of businessmen.

This makes me sick.

Any Arkansas notaries care to comment?

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/11/11 8:17am
Msg #367963

Exactly. It seems to me that this aspect of Arkansas law is intended to cover certain business practices wherein the same employee/notary is notarizing the same person/employee's signature on the same 'form' day after day, month after month. Whether I agree with this concept or not is beside the point--it is the law.

Fortunately, in my line of work, this will never be an issue as I'm not 'familiar' with anyone's signature at a 'signing'.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.