Notary Rotary
"I'll pay whatever you want..."
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 1/11/11 12:41pm
Msg #368010

Just a call where they wanted to schedule me a week in advance. It's a company I deal with a lot and they've always been good to me and met my fee, but this a first.

Conversation went like this...

"We're really overwhelmed with work right now. I'm an escrow officer and don't normally schedule the closings, but XXXXXXX said you were great, and I've seen your files come across my desk, so here's the deal. I've got a BofA refi set for next Tuesday evening. I'll pay you whatever want as long as you say yes."

Well, I simply quoted my usual fee, plus some extra travel as this is a bit far out (30 miles each way) ... and she said, "No problem, I'll pay it. I just don't want to make a bunch of calls on this. You've got a stellar record with us and you are worth it."

How often you do hear THAT? Plus, get it scheduled a week ahead?

I'm still trying to find my lower jaw.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/11/11 12:49pm
Msg #368012

I have one that's "standing"! Four time so far in the last three months,...please just take it because I don't have the time to look for a notary. Isn't that just great?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/11/11 12:52pm
Msg #368015

Well, that speaks for your professionalism. I'm not surprised that someone thinks that highly of you.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/11/11 1:01pm
Msg #368016

It's nice to hear.... glad to know there are still some good companies out there, though, that respect our work considering all of the hagglers, low-ballers, etc.

Reply by Robert Moore on 1/11/11 1:08pm
Msg #368019

I certainly wish that would take place here in VA

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/11/11 1:21pm
Msg #368024

Ditto, Glenn.

Marian is a pro. She has brought a great deal to this board!

Reply by Molly/Ca on 1/11/11 1:43pm
Msg #368027

You are a pro Marian! and you have helped me, Well deserved!

Reply by Scott/NJ on 1/11/11 4:14pm
Msg #368072

Yeah, but the docs will be late!

And hopefully it doesn't cancel at the last minute!

Reply by Cari on 1/11/11 5:29pm
Msg #368101

in the voice of Austin Powers, "1 Million Dollars!"

too much?? lol

Reply by Kay/IL on 1/11/11 7:00pm
Msg #368134

I work with a couple of companies who are like that. If they cannot reach me right away, THEY WILL WAIT until I call them back before assigning the work to someone else, even if it's several hours before I can return their call. (Isn't that sweet??) One would just leave a message about the assignment, e-mail the confirmation and ask to contact them only if I cannot accept the assignment. They also pay extra for any incidentals i.e. extra distance, large closing packages, super early or late hours, etc. They are 2 of my highest paying clients.

Yes, there are definitely companies who value our work. In turn, they will get my priority when it comes to closings.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.