Notary Rotary
"LSI may also waive fees for documents lost in transit ..."
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by John/CT on 1/24/11 4:57pm
Msg #369931

Per an e-mail I received today. Bad news if the dox are "lost in transit" by FDX or UPS after drop off (it does happen, you know). I have taken exception to LSI's National Vendor Management.

Reply by Patti Corcoran on 1/24/11 4:59pm
Msg #369933

I agree, John. If I have a receipt for the package, then I should not be penalized for an error on the part of the courier.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/24/11 6:03pm
Msg #369936

Yeah...I took exception to that part too

But the whole tenor of the e-mail leads me to believe they're having problems with some notaries...

Reply by parkerc/ME on 1/24/11 6:57pm
Msg #369942

Re: Yeah...I took exception to that part too

Maybe farming out to ND is not working well.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/24/11 6:58pm
Msg #369943

That thought did occur to me!!...:) n/m

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/24/11 7:17pm
Msg #369945

Here's a thought. Stop using the notaries or SS that

are causing the issues. Maybe? Just a thought.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/24/11 7:29pm
Msg #369946

Re: Here's a thought. Stop using the notaries or SS that

I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I thought it was funny that they said that they have "rewarded our loyal, outstanding notary signing agents with more business and slightly higher fees than most of our competitors". Wow - they are my lowest-paying account... So much so that I only accept their jobs within my zip code. With that said, they are a good company to work with - I am dismayed that they would dock the notary pay for documents that are lost by UPS/FedEx. I cannot get a receipt where I drop my docs (authorized retailer) - the nearest UPS store is a 30 mile round trip.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/24/11 9:09pm
Msg #369956

Ahhh..So that's why I got an increase in what they want to pay me..Sweet!

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/24/11 9:19pm
Msg #369957

I also agree that we should not be responsible for the courier mistakes that occur..UPS have had issues and why should we pay for that? I like Copperhead cannot make it to an authorized location my closest one is 20 miles one way! There aren't may locations in my rural area so I must rely on drop boxes. Makes me wonder should I take pics everytime I drop a package?

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/25/11 6:22pm
Msg #370065

"Makes me wonder should I take pics every time I drop a package?"

If OP is correct and they are going to hold us responsible for courier issues, I don't think having picts or blood type of the person that accepted the pkg would do any good. Frown

Reply by jnew on 1/24/11 10:36pm
Msg #369962

Read a little closer and you may see that you may be responsible for extra charges to LSI over and above your closing fee if you are negligent.

Reply by John Schenk on 1/24/11 10:52pm
Msg #369964

Yah, that bothered me too. Didn't have time today to really read through it and hack it apart, but appears to be an agreement, in part, that IF you miss the truck, and BO gets screwed out of a lock-in rate, they may come back to the notary to pay any fees related to the loss of the lock-in.

Haven't pieced it apart yet, but will after I get back to town Thursday. Good point ,and definitely worth an IN DEPTH read.

JJ

Reply by John/CT on 1/24/11 11:21pm
Msg #369966

But, at the end of the day ...

if you do everything right, there should be NO PENALTY, under any circumstance. Full stop!

Reply by Stamper_WI on 1/25/11 7:39am
Msg #369978

Re: But, at the end of the day ...

Track your package and print the delivery for your records. More work for the fee but I think it also comes under with covering yourself with paper.

Reply by JanetLA on 1/25/11 8:20am
Msg #369982

But, at the end of the day ...

They are a good company. They meet my fees and pay timely. I have had ONE package lost in transit in 10 years and it was not with LSI. I will take my chances here. They are not targeting the notary that is consistent and professional, but the notary that messes up packages and doesn't drop them off in a timely manner. I am fine with the email. I know people make mistakes and I try very hard NOT to be one of them. Happy end of the month to you all!

Reply by Calnotary on 1/25/11 11:42am
Msg #370000

I CAN NOT be responsible for things I don't have control of

I have worked for LSI for so many years without a single problem or mistake, I should start asking for more
money.

Reply by Frank/NC on 1/25/11 12:00pm
Msg #370001

Who are the people that dream up these things? I think it's amazing when you read the idiocy of this newest LSI statement.

Reply by Crystal Yeutter on 1/25/11 10:45pm
Msg #370100

I take it no one has had problems with being paid from this company? I have a lot owed to me and am not having much luck getting through to anyone or getting emails or phone calls returned. Any thoughts?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/26/11 7:48am
Msg #370114

I have never had a problem getting paid...

I call in my completion, they e-mail me my fee verification and my check arrives about 30 days later.

Not sure if there was a problem on your files or not but I'd call my scheduler and get pointed in the right direction and start following up on it. You say you're owed "a lot" - don't let the lot get any larger or wait any longer.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/26/11 4:33pm
Msg #370199

Re: I have never had a problem getting paid...

Agree with Linda - they have an automated pay system. Call and speak to vendor management.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.