available.
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 6:14am
Msg #367034

available.

my link

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/5/11 6:32am
Msg #367035

Hi Anthony, this chatroom is not for advertising. It is strictly used for Closing Agents/Signing Agents and Notary Public to chat about day to day activities. We all do the same thing you do. If you are looking for work you need to search on this website and market youself to the signing companies or title companies which are listed on SC (Signing Central).

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 8:26am
Msg #367062

thanks for the tips ilene, but 2011 is the year for social media, networking, small business, and so on.... thanks for your interest, good luck in your own endeavors!

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 9:42am
Msg #367075

not available.

After 2008 social media elected a president, you think it still goes in 2011? LOL

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/5/11 6:36am
Msg #367037

I would also suggest you rewrite the critique of yourself. Capitalize each sentence, it should look like a resume.

Reply by SShoreDude on 1/5/11 8:36am
Msg #367063

Almost looks like you're trying to put an ad up on an online dating site. its match.com if you want to advertize that. this is for professional notaries and there are other places on this site you can advertize if you want to, but not on the forums.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 8:50am
Msg #367064

thanks for the tip dude

Reply by MW/VA on 1/5/11 9:01am
Msg #367067

I agree, Ilene. This is not a social networking site. We

pay for listing/advertising here. The profile should be complete & professional.
It is your business card for companies who will hire you. Good luck. Smile

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 9:05am
Msg #367069

Re: I agree, Ilene. This is not a social networking site. We

its a tough job market folks. you have to use your outlets

Reply by LisaWI on 1/5/11 9:29am
Msg #367071

Er, ummm.......Anthony, everyone is trying to tell you how to use "this" outlet as you call it. Its not posting on here. It will get you nothing.
At the top of the screen is a tab titled Signing Central, click on that and open. Go to the Company listings and open. All the companies listed with NotRot are in there with phone numbers, addresses and emails. This is your outlet for finding work in this field.
This forum is used to discuss work, ask questions about the profession and such.

Reply by LisaWI on 1/5/11 9:34am
Msg #367072

Re: Anthony......

And may I also suggest if you are serious about this profession, watch what you post on here as the comps who do hire us read this forum.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 9:43am
Msg #367076

"you have to use your outlets"
Like walmart?

Reply by HisHughness on 1/5/11 12:01pm
Msg #367110

***its a tough job market folks. you have to use your outlets***

Actually, fellow, it seems to me what you need to use more than your outlets is your common sense. And the very first employment of that would be to pay attention to folks who have w-a-a-a-y more experience than you do, like thousands of real estate closings.

One other thing. I personally would not hire a notary who has no idea how to use capital letters. There are minimal levels of professionalism. That's one of them. And you <might> review whether changes are needed in your profile?

Have you explored flipping burgers as a livelihood?

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:16pm
Msg #367115

thanks i normally dont respond to ill mannered people but i dont find it necessary to boast my contract sales history..you probably have to

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/11 9:36am
Msg #367073

Anthony - Please read

Msg #1

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 10:19am
Msg #367079

OMG

that was posted 9 years ago!!!

Reply by LisaWI on 1/5/11 10:28am
Msg #367082

Re: OMG

By the owner of this site.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 10:36am
Msg #367083

Re: OMG

fine..so be it

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/11 10:50am
Msg #367087

Hi Anthony...

I shared Rule #1 with you. It stands the same now as it did in 2002.

What you do with that information is your business. If you want to debate it you should contact the owners.

No need to pm me after you post a message in response to me.

Thanks.

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 1/5/11 10:47am
Msg #367085

I see you offer to cook while doing the closing. Do the borrowers have to supply the food?

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 10:56am
Msg #367089

where?

my link? thats to my notary rotary page where i advertise my services

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/5/11 10:57am
Msg #367092

Anthony, read your profile

Not only does it need polishing, it needs cleanup in grammar, punctuation and sentence structure, not to mention capitalization.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 11:59am
Msg #367109

Re: Anthony, read your profile

ok thanks. are you sure youre not trying to come work for me?

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:04pm
Msg #367112

Re: Anthony, read your profile

i will keep it in mind

Reply by taxpro on 1/5/11 2:32pm
Msg #367142

Probably from texting - destroys brain cells

Anthony probably "texts" a lot. The current generation of teens and twenty-somethings have lost the ability to spell, use proper grammar and correct punctuation, and you can forget about sentence structure! That's because they only communicate by texting, and are allowed a limited number of characters.

"Where R U?" "Im OMW to ur house." "C U in 5!"

We're becoming a nation of illiterate morons.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 2:37pm
Msg #367144

Re: Probably from texting - destroys brain cells

No. I am 20, do my fair share of texting, and also have written a notary handbook and 2 notary related handbook.

So enough with the "teen and twenty-something" stereotypes.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 2:37pm
Msg #367145

Sorry, meant to say I have written "2 notary related courses".

Reply by bagger on 1/5/11 3:42pm
Msg #367173

Sorta proves the illeterate point doesn't it?

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/11 2:52pm
Msg #367147

You really don't see it, Robert?

*So enough with the "teen and twenty-something" stereotypes.*

I know that you have published your writing and I commend you for it. But, in my perspective, you're off the radar of common sense if you do not recognize that grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation usage have been most abused by people who are between 13 and 29, especially since texting became a viable form of communication.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 3:37pm
Msg #367168

Re: You really don't see it, Robert?

And who writes cursive any more? Not this generation and those following. Dying art I suppose.

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 3:51pm
Msg #367176

I write almost exclusively in cursive... n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 5:21pm
Msg #367200

Re: I write almost exclusively in cursive...

Robert, Robert, Robert: you are a great exception! We all know this. And I am NOT being anything but cognizant of your skills. (kiss, kiss, hug, hug)

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 3:53pm
Msg #367178

Yes, people abbreviate while texting. But sit them down and ask them to write an essay and the large majority will do fine.

I like to remind my grandmother, when she is criticizing the "noise" that young people call "music", that her mother was disgusted by Elvis Presley.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/11 5:07pm
Msg #367193

*Yes, people abbreviate while texting. But sit them down and ask them to write an essay and the large majority will do fine.

I like to remind my grandmother, when she is criticizing the "noise" that young people call "music", that her mother was disgusted by Elvis Presley.*

You've gone off road there...when did your grandma come into the picture? We are talking about young people not using capitalization, punctuation and grammar...Grandma and Elvis are a whole different kettle of fish. I suspect I like the latest music MUCH better than I like that ol' bloated feller, Elvis. Don't get mixed up about "stereo-types". =o

Reply by taxpro on 1/5/11 6:12pm
Msg #367211

What Robert is trying to say is that I'm an old fogey

Since I don't think it's cool that young people use abbreviations, ignore grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation, he must think I'm an out-dated dinosaur who doesn't understand popular culture.

I do understand popular culture, Robert. I still think it's a shame that writing is becoming a lost art.

"Yes, people abbreviate while texting. But sit them down and ask them to write an essay and the large majority will do fine."

I'll have to disagree with you there, Robert. To say the large majority will do fine is quite an exaggeration, unless you are talking about college-bound students with high test scores. A large percentage of American young people who are writing a hand-written essay, without the assistance of a spell-checker or grammar-checker, would fail miserably. Ask any high school teacher about this.

Reply by taxpro on 1/5/11 2:53pm
Msg #367149

Whoa, don't take it personally

Naturally, I didn't mean that ALL teens and twenty-somethings can't write correctly, and I'm sure you know that since it is obvious that you are an intelligent person.

That said, many studies have shown that the trend of texting has affected, and will continue to affect, the ability of many to communicate effectively. The written letter is all but extinct. Now, we just jot off a quick text or email, and don't even have to wait for a response. No conversation is required, and grammar and spelling aren't important. It's efficient, but sad.

I was just offering that as a possible explanation for the lack of professionalism in Anthony's profile.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/5/11 3:07pm
Msg #367151

It's only a stereotype, Robert, if it doesn't hew to the facts. And the lack of literacy among young people does.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 10:57am
Msg #367091

hahahaha

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/5/11 11:42am
Msg #367103

Sage advice being given here, Anthony

Your colleagues are trying to help you.
A better profile means more business for you.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 11:56am
Msg #367108

Re: Sage advice being given here, Anthony

true that is correct..it is a fact that more work will come with profile changes..i might review it

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:03pm
Msg #367111

i might hire mistarella

Reply by LisaWI on 1/5/11 12:06pm
Msg #367113

Ive come to the conclusion you are a goofball.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:20pm
Msg #367118

lisa, you are persistent

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/5/11 12:25pm
Msg #367119

Agree w/Lisa.

A goofball who is too lazy to use the shift key. A small symbol of overall work ethic.

Reply by taxpro on 1/5/11 3:11pm
Msg #367154

Yes, a notary that will cook is hard to find!

You just might have a good idea there! What do you charge, and do you clean windows?

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 12:31pm
Msg #367120

A message to everyone

Anthony - get a life.

Everyone else - Let's all just stop humoring him and let him do what he wants. We all know he will not get any business from this site based on what we've seen today.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:34pm
Msg #367122

A message to everyone

the site is intended for work. i will get work from here, thats why i posted

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 12:35pm
Msg #367123

No - the message board is NOT intended to get you work

This board is for DISCUSSION. You get work by having a good profile and marketing yourself to signing services. Advertising on this board is pointless, because none of us are looking for other signing agents.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:39pm
Msg #367124

Re: No - the message board is NOT intended to get you work

33 replies aint a bad start

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 12:40pm
Msg #367125

Yes but again, you aren't going to get work from us n/m

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 12:55pm
Msg #367127

Thank you for help yes but again

thank you

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/11 2:08pm
Msg #367134

anthony

you are a silly billy

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/5/11 2:24pm
Msg #367140

Re: anthony

Ok lets all take a breath..Wow! Lets not keep this pointless banter going!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/5/11 3:48pm
Msg #367175

I took a breath, Claudine, and laughed.

The pointless banter is humorous.

Reply by taxpro on 1/5/11 3:12pm
Msg #367155

Re: A message to everyone

Oh come on, Robert. This is fun!

Reply by Roger_OH on 1/5/11 3:22pm
Msg #367163

Bottom line, folks...

Rather than listen to the wiser and more experienced people on the board trying to assist him, Tony has chosen to mock them and make light of their advice.

We have seen his ilk on NotRot many times before; they pop up, make a little noise, but eventually are consumed by the logistical and economic realities of what we really do, and then disappear.

In sum, there is nothing we can do, that will overcome what he will not do.

If he truly thinks someone will hire him with a profile that shows no attention to detail or any semblance of proper grammar, then let him learn his own way. You all tried.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 3:25pm
Msg #367164

boy roger

boy oh boy

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 3:48pm
Msg #367174

If this were Facebook, I would give you a thumbs up, Roger.

I don't know why they don't have a thumbs down though. But, since this is not Facebook, "little boy lower case" will have to do with no symbols on his posts. I spotted that this morning but had to go and spread my good deeds about the landscape. He isn't going to change - he already knows it all, especially that we are all fossils.

Ignorance is bliss.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 3:52pm
Msg #367177

jba/fl

your frickin screen name is lower case

Reply by Julianne Akyol on 1/5/11 5:27pm
Msg #367202

Re: jba/fl

Yes it is. But not any of my profile, nor my writings. Presentation and first impressions are everything. I have graduated from "archie and mehitabel" days.

And when I sign my name, it is in lower case too as I have just changed my signature for ease of signing. But that is what makes my signature mine.

''human wandering through the zoo
what do your cousins think of you''
Don Marquis (1878-1937), U.S. humorist, journalist. "Archy at the zoo," archy and mehitabel (1927).

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/5/11 8:42pm
Msg #367234

LOL I used to work for an attorney who signed her name

in all lowercase letters, with a period at the end. Her full signature was 8 letters. We constantly teased her over it ... but a signature is a signature.

Reply by MichiganAl on 1/5/11 5:03pm
Msg #367190

Well, you've definitely succeeded in getting your name out

Unfortunately, the impression you've made is anything but positive.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 5:06pm
Msg #367192

MichiganAL

sorry i think the discussion does have informative points

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 5:10pm
Msg #367195

50% of the nations 16-21 year olds not working

how about that number opposed to my typing in lower case and having to defend myself from opinions that are totally unrelated to finding work...geez unemployment problems???

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 5:14pm
Msg #367197

how about reading comments that are disrepectful

now seeing hate and profanity posted on kids facebook pages and other sources "open for discussion"... dont come after another mans work

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 5:15pm
Msg #367199

debates are fine

like i said...

Reply by MW/VA on 1/5/11 7:50pm
Msg #367228

You might try reading the Rules & Guidelines posted at the

top of the page. Advertising or self-promotion is not permitted on the forum.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/5/11 8:10pm
Msg #367230

Lets just set a record

agreed?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/6/11 2:57am
Msg #367257

Re:Can you say "troll"??!!

Gee, Anthony, what people are trying to tell you is that your little romp through this forum can seriously backfire on you. Did you see that little black button under the messages when you read them? It's intended for posters who break the rules. If enough people decide to "report" you, you could be blocked from posting here and possibly have your membership revoked. That would certainly get you lots of business here, wouldn't it?

But then you probably don't really care, you're just having some fun with us, right? Wink

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/6/11 4:49am
Msg #367260

Pretty Rude Janet

that extra comment has nothing to do with the post. insult to injury or have you been drinking? namecalling? is that your bottom line? impressive

Reply by jba/fl on 1/6/11 5:32am
Msg #367264

Anthony - you are like a bad penny: just keep turning up n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/6/11 5:33am
Msg #367266

Re: Anthony - you are like a bad penny: just keep turning up

forgot to finish: always tails.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/6/11 5:47am
Msg #367267

julianne,julianne,julianne....

is hiding by a canoe professional? you cant row to your appointments

Reply by jba/fl on 1/6/11 6:59am
Msg #367273

Shame you don't know how to recognize sporting equipment

And, for what it is worth, I advertise that I will go anywhere and people get quite a kick out of it. "Now I've seen everything" is what I've been told a few times when I've been out and about paddling. I am very well rounded and good in any situation.

It's a kayak - notice there is a different paddle?

Look down where your fingers are - do you see the different keys? Why don't you know how to use them? There are different functions for different keys. It helps to be a bit more rounded than just lower case. Lower case only shows you are not really interested in details. Since this job is in need of those with attention to detail....what the heck - you are not listening, or as my husband would say: you are not a listening person.

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/6/11 5:51am
Msg #367268

i would never hire someone whose profile picture....

is in a lake!? seriously, lets talk about critcism again...i cant see your face, how could i even earn a little trust??????? will my paperwork end up in the lake???

Reply by Anthony Nizick on 1/6/11 6:04am
Msg #367269

this conversation post is over

im done defending myself on this conversation i started..anyone that responds can do it privately, or i will just take it as more humorous banter

Reply by jba/fl on 1/6/11 7:14am
Msg #367275

Re: i would never hire someone whose profile picture....

And your photo shows you at the end of the night at a party looking sloshed and dazed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.