Notary Rotary
below is the Advisory Panel of the NNA's Small Biz Section
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Cari on 1/28/11 11:41am
Msg #370342

I received an email regarding their "new" section...and to the left was this panel...I thought it was VERY interesting.....ANY thoughts....
Sherri Bird
Senior Vice President
Bancserv
Yorba Linda, California

Pam Bunker
Vice President
LSI Title Services
Santa Ana, California

Dan Danner
President & CEO
National Fed. of Independent Business
Washington, D.C

Paul Green
Senior Vice President Corporate Relationa
Mortgage Bankers Association
Washington, D.C.

Kelly Manning
SBDC Network State Director
Colo. Office of Econ. Dev. & Intl. Trade
Denver, Colorado

Steve McDonald
Director of Government Programs RedVision
Parsippany, New Jersey

Craig C. Page
Executive Vice President & Counsel
California Land Title Association
Sacramento, California

John F. Robinson
President & CEO
The National Minority Business Council
New York, New York

C. Edward Rowe III
President & CEO
Assoc. of Small Business Dev. Centers
Burke, Virginia

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/28/11 11:45am
Msg #370343

No wonder the need for bg checks

via one company only.

Reply by Bravo on 1/28/11 12:17pm
Msg #370348

My first reaction is to question why BancServ, who is consistently one of the lowest paying signing agencies in operation in my experience with them for the last seven years and also very inflexible in that regard, is involved so heavily with the NNA! I could say more......

Reply by Roger_OH on 1/28/11 12:59pm
Msg #370353

Would have been nice for the panel to appoint an actual practicing NSA or two, and give the notary community a voice, instead of just corporate executives that largely have no clue as to the nuances of what we do.

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 1:10pm
Msg #370354

I did wonder if any are active notary publics? n/m

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/28/11 1:22pm
Msg #370355

Notaries public n/m

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 1:35pm
Msg #370361

yes, I know Robert. Have any REAL comments regarding the

the list? ...and I strongly suggest you stay focused on the subject matter at hand....

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/28/11 1:53pm
Msg #370367

Re: yes, I know Robert. Have any REAL comments regarding the

Yes, I agree that some signing agents should be on the panel.

But seriously, saying "Notary publics" is as bad as saying "I did my first notary".

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 1:58pm
Msg #370370

...on occasion, I do make mistakes...as you know very well.. n/m

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 1:59pm
Msg #370372

Re: ...on occasion, I do make mistakes...as you know very well..

see...I hit the post button too soon, mistake....so, AGAIN, let's stay focused on the subject matter at hand...the list....

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/28/11 3:26pm
Msg #370395

That close relationship doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, it makes lots of sense from their perspective, if you assume - as it seems many of us here do - that their primary purpose is not really to serve the notaries of this country, as they claim, but to make money.

BancServ is probably successful with the notary hiring aspect of their business plan only because the NNA keeps selling more classes and materials by spitting out a constant supply of new notaries and "NSAs" who BancServ can then hire for a song. When you think about it, it's a pretty symbiotic relationship for them both. Unfortunately, it has a negative impact on us and our field as a whole, imo.

Reply by Mary Ellen Elmore on 1/29/11 12:44am
Msg #370488

BancServ always meets my $xxx fee and pays fast. They are one of the few that pay if the BO rescinds or its a no sign.

But there are very few notaries in my rural area.

Reply by Linda Adams on 1/28/11 1:29pm
Msg #370358

Well, I've always heard that you want people who "know the business" on your board or panel advising about "the business". And maybe the NNA is focusing more on the small biz rather than notaries (and that's strange since the organization is the NNA). But I have to agree with the other posters; it would have been nice to include someone who has REAL experience working with or day-to-day dealings with notaries and know what it is like in the trenches.

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 1:39pm
Msg #370363

Well....we really don't know if they are or not NP's?

...and I think, that section deals with NSAs in this profession as it relates to a 'business'...but don't quote me as its been a while since I was signed up for that section...can't really remember...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.