Notary Rotary
client 30 minutes late
Notary Discussion History

client 30 minutes late
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by kkarate on 1/24/11 9:45am
Msg #369827

client 30 minutes late

I had a client that was about 30 minutes late. I had another client scheduled 30 minutes from that time. The first client had some place to go an could not wait. How would you handle this?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/24/11 9:57am
Msg #369829

I would go to the next client since the first was late and tell him to reschedule his closing if he is not available later in evening. He committed to the time therefore should have made sure he was available.
If you tell them the docs are date sensitive they will make the time to meet with you later in the evening when it's convenient for you otherwise too bad.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/24/11 9:57am
Msg #369830

switch them if at all possible. n/m

Reply by James Dawson on 1/24/11 10:10am
Msg #369836

I would have called the hiring party when the client did not show up on time. I would have asked them what is it they wanted me to do. I would make them aware I had another appointment scheduled. I would have also called my next scheduled client and informed them of the possibility of me being late to see if they were flexible. I would make my decision on what I was going to do based on the answers I got. If my second appointment was NOT flexible, I would do what the previous posters suggested.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/24/11 10:26am
Msg #369839

And to be more specific I would have done exactly what James states.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/24/11 2:04pm
Msg #369890

It happens quite a bit, more than it should, for a borrower to arrive late. Like, we have no other appointments but them right?! I always call ahead and let the client know I'll be coming to the appt from a previous signing and have one immediately following and that I'm going to be on time (or perhaps running five minutes late), and can they be sure to have their drivers license and any other items I'm to retrieve for the escrow or loan officers. Time is of the essence! is my stance. I did recently have two surgeons h&w and wife ran 1/2 hour late, I told her I had another appt at the DA's office and we'd have to run quickly through the package and sign, husband signed before she finally arrived. It worked out okay, but really prefer not to get my blood pressure up that high! Kids take priority in their busy schedules. But we got through it just fine, and they were so graciously apologetic. Their child's field trip was a little longer than it was to have been and unavoidable....hmmmm.

I liked James' remedy! I usually follow my schedule pretty closely, have to with multiple signing days. Saturday I had one where husband came down the circular stair case very slowly, signed, and wife followed thirty minutes later. They made me a cup of expressor and I only had one other signing in an hour and a half, it worked out okay...$5.7mil refinance of pretty nice digs. Some clients expect the appt to be leisurely.

Reply by Mary Ellen Elmore on 1/24/11 8:28pm
Msg #369952

Put the 1st one at the end of my entire day for an extra fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.