Notary Rotary
e-notaries.net association
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by MonicaFL on 1/31/11 1:57pm
Msg #370722

I have been receiving e-mails from this company located in Sunrise, Florida about a teleconference for field inspectors. Something is mighty fishy here. I have tried to send them an e-mail and it goes to someone I don't know or who doesn't have anything to do with that company. When you call the company, you can't get a real person on line. Does anyone know anything about this company? Thanks.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/31/11 2:11pm
Msg #370727

They contacted me some time ago - via phone AND e-mail - numerous times....they were relentless - here's the gist:

"If asked why you are at a property, you are only allowed to reveal that you are at the property at the mortgage company's request. Our Confidentiality Agreement restricts us, and you as the contractor, from discussing financial information. Failure to comply may result in legal action.

Please provide a photo of the front of property, a photo of property address, a photo of the street sign and any vehicle front and tag. You can use a regular digital camera and submit it as a jpeg in an email.

If borrower is home please notify them that their mortgage company: Suntrust Consumer Care would like to speak with them and call xxxxx, at that time; have the borrower speak with the bank right then. Request them to provide you with an updated contact number. Give them the attached letter placed in a sealed envelope stating “Personal and Confidential: [Borrower Name].” If contact is made with the bank we will compensate $25.

If borrower refuses to speak with bank, at that time, request them to provide an updated contact number and give them the letter. We will compensate $15.

If there was no contact made, we are requesting that you leave the attached letter, and take a photo of it on door. We will still compensate $10."

Told them every time that I couldn't accommodate them for these fees - they began sending me inspection assignments containing name and address of debtor - when I contacted them and asked them to stop they told me their e-mails auto-populated and they couldn't delete me (which I never should have been in there because I didn't agree to work for them)...I finally told them they needed to figure it out from their end because (a) I'm not interested; and (b) they may be in violation of the debtor's right to privacy by providing me with this unsolicited information.

Haven't heard from them since...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.