Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
email address att.net to comcast.net automatically?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Julie/MI on 1/24/11 1:40pm
Msg #369884

Currently we have att for our cable. Comcast knocked on our door today with a seemingly great offer for 12 months the phone, cable and internet will be $89 for 12 months then $109 for the next 24 months, which includes hd channels.

I told him I couldn't switch because my email is att and I don't want to switch my email with all of my clients, BTDT total pain! The comcast guy said that there is a program which will automatically forward my att.net ending to comast.net.

Sounds too good to be true, do any of you knowledgeable techie people know if this is possible?

Reply by Dana Hayes on 1/24/11 1:45pm
Msg #369886

I am a techie but when I had gmail and switched to att they were able to forward my email from gmail to att. I am not sure if there was a time frame e.g. 30,60 or 90 days before the forwarding stopped. Hope this helps.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/24/11 2:52pm
Msg #369898

I haved changed ISP several times through the years. I currently have cable internet. I have maintained my att emails addresses. I do pay for that (7.95/mo for that), but this is my biz email, is in hundreds of places, on my biz cards, etc. Many people have suggested I get a g-mail biz address, instead. To me it's just easier to keep the att address. Most carriers have the e-mail forwarding & transfer programs. It's still to iffy for me to think I might miss some of my biz emails, especially confirmations, docs, etc. My .02 Smile

Reply by CaNotarygirl on 1/24/11 4:48pm
Msg #369927

I havs a ATT.Net email address and a different ISP provider you just call ATT and get the POP and Incoming address to set up you outlook or out look express to receive you mail.

Reply by Mary Ellen Elmore on 1/24/11 8:25pm
Msg #369950

It will forward any mail from a previous address to the current one--note it is forwarding it.

BUYER BEWARE--We took advantage of that same deal a cple years ago--at the end of the 2nd year the price almost doubled!!!

As Comcast is my only choice for cable internet and both DSL and dial-up a slllloooooowwwww, I turned it all off except the Internet.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.