Notary Rotary
fax backs?????
Notary Discussion History

fax backs?????
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by enotary/va on 1/24/11 9:40pm
Msg #369958

fax backs?????

When tc ask for fax back docs and one is the dot do you send all 14 pages or just the last page that was signed... No int. on other pages.....

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/24/11 9:51pm
Msg #369959

In general, when not specified as 'all' (some Mortgages/DOTs do have intials), I send the first, signature and notary pages.

Reply by Sha/CA on 1/24/11 9:54pm
Msg #369960

Maybe. Better not assume one way or the other. Usually the first, maybe the second and the signature and notary page. If they need to approve the quality of your fax then they will tell you if they need more. IMHO

Reply by John Schenk on 1/24/11 10:46pm
Msg #369963

When in doubt, fax them all.

When those instructions come in, that's when you need to make the call to find that out.

JJ

Reply by John Schenk on 1/24/11 11:05pm
Msg #369965

Re: When in doubt, fax them all.

BTW...didn't mean to FAX THEM ALL...meaning all the docs. Just the DOT in issue. Over 10 pages is a $1 per page charge for me.

JJ

Reply by John/CT on 1/24/11 11:33pm
Msg #369967

I fax back all pages of the DOT ...

unless instructed otherwise. Some lenders requre each page to be initialled, so that takes care of that. At the end of the day, faxing back all pages of the DOT is easier than just fax bax of 1st, 2nd, signature & notarized pages. Just pull out the whole set, and stick them behind the cover page, along with others afterwards. I just never try to re-integrate fax bax pages into their proper position in the set of dox. Let title do it ... and have never had complaints later.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/24/11 11:40pm
Msg #369968

Re: I fax back all pages of the DOT ...

***I fax back all pages of the DOT***

Why, if the pages are neither signed nor initialed? The title company/lender already has those exact same pages.

Reply by BobbiCT on 1/25/11 1:34pm
Msg #370032

Hugh - why all ...

Whatever documents are asked for, I just fax the entire document. It's their paper cost and tying up their fax line. "I do as instructed," unless instructions state just 1st page and signature w/ notarization page.

Why:

1. Often the person getting the fax back for review is NOT the person who sent the package out. Hence, the dreaded complaint call: "It's not my job to ask the closer for those pages. It's not the closer's job to send them to me; I do not have the time to look those pages up on our system: It's YOUR JOB to send them to me." Or, my most humorous complaint call, "You have to go back out to the borrowers! You only have 3 pages of the mortgage deed, the borrowers need to see all 14 pages!." LOL

2. The RARE: We WANT initials on every page even though both sets of instructions that we sent didn't tell you to have the pages initialed and there are no lines for initials on the document. LOL

As some posts, it's just easier to put everything through the fax than sort through pages and then put the documents back together. I've never had a complaint for over faxing. I have had a RARE instance where (as I suspected, but was told "no") the mortgage deed was missing an attachment or addendum, which was caught by the person receiving the fax backs.

Reply by enotary/va on 1/24/11 11:58pm
Msg #369970

Re: When in doubt, fax them all.

I agree, When in doubt, fax all of the dot. I have had some ss and tc say , just send last page.. has anyone had the same?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/25/11 2:41am
Msg #369974

First, Signature, and Notarization pages only. Never

had a problem.

Very unusual to see entire DOT requested.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 1/25/11 12:14pm
Msg #370007

Re: First, Signature, and Notarization pages only. Same here n/m

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/25/11 5:45am
Msg #369975

5/3rd ALL pages:BoA 1st, signature & notary only

Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.