got a call today from a 4 star TC...so sick of their the
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Cari on 1/31/11 5:05pm
Msg #370746

scare tactic approach.

TC asks if I'm available tonight. I say I am (though I'm sick). And whenever I get these types of calls, I assume one of two things (though there are probably more scenarios but these are the ones that I primarily think of first):

1. TC couldn't find anyone available today.
2. the nsa assigned backed out.

Anywho, I give her my fee of $XXX, then she says well our standard fee is $XXX ($25 lower than I quote).

Since this is an emergency or same day closing, I do bump up my price to reflect the "extra burden fee" (and I know I'll get crap for this but whatever...) Afterall the extra bump is my "inconvenience" "or you want me drop my schedule for you when?" fee to accomodate them to do the closing.

I tell her the reason for my price, and follow with a I'm sorry I can't do it for your normal price (which normally, I would've accepted had it been scheduled a week in advance)

Then TC says in the most snobbish and sort of threatening voice, as if I am going to cave in and agree to her fee......"Well I see there are other NSAs in your area that I could call......."

At that point, I totally snap, cut her off and say, "know what, then go ahead and give 'em a call!" click went my line while she is still blabbing..."

I seriously don't need nor appreciate this type of attitude from a TC or any possible client! And though they have a 4 star rating here, the last rating someone gave was a 1 star for low balling with their fee!

Thanks for reading....had to rant today...I'm sick and just not having it...not mention pissed that we are going to get up to 20 inches of snow tomorrow nighte into Weds....UGH! Frown

Reply by Cari on 1/31/11 5:12pm
Msg #370747

Correction...last rating was due to a payment issue...

my head is stuffy....

Reply by Lisa Thornton on 1/31/11 6:33pm
Msg #370765

<<<......then she says well our standard fee is $XXX ($25 lower than I quote).>>>

Me says: ......and MY standard CHARGE is $XXX

<<<Then TC says in the most snobbish and sort of threatening voice, "Well I see there are other NSAs in your area that I could call.......">>>

Me says: "Go ahead and call them, have a nice day." <click>

I would have responded just as you did.

Reply by John Schenk on 1/31/11 9:28pm
Msg #370782

Sorry you don't feel well, Cari.

Understand bumping the fee $25 for a last minute signing. I'd even understand it for bumping it $25 for inclement weather, if not more. Hard to agree with the week in advance comment, but maybe all yours normally give you a week's notice for a closing. I seldom get more than 1 a month with a week's notice in advance, and most of the time those with the big advance notice don't go as scheduled. I probably would have left that statement out and just stuck with the other two, legitimate, statements, but that's just me.

Be careful! Sure gonna be nasty weather for a couple of days. Get well soon!!!!! That Theraflu seems to work well for us. All I ever take is OTC stuff, since I haven't been to a doctor since 1998 (other than a checkup for a couple broken ribs a couple years ago...wasted time), which I need to do soon at least for a physical.

JJ

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.