Notary Rotary
mobil notary
Notary Discussion History

mobil notary
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Donald Sloan on 1/14/11 9:36am
Msg #368614

mobil notary

Please excuse my ignorance but would someone explane to me what a Mobil Notary is??
thanks, Don

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/14/11 9:41am
Msg #368615

A Mobil Notary or Mobile Notary is a Commissioned Notary who will travel from thier home/office to another location to do Notary Acts.

Reply by Donald Sloan on 1/14/11 9:49am
Msg #368617

i am soooooooooo stupid thanks eveyone for the answers!!! DAH not too obvious!!!!!!lol

Reply by PAW on 1/14/11 9:52am
Msg #368619

No, you're not stupid. If you were stupid, you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place and gone of wondering and possibly arriving at an incorrect solution.

Reply by F2F/FL on 1/14/11 9:44am
Msg #368616

Your ignorance is excused.
Mobile notary means you are willing and do business by going out to the client/borrowers home, business, office, cafe etc. in order to complete the signing. There are fees, travel, printing and delivery of doc's.
I am fully equipped to print doc's in my car on a laser printer, on the road so I am able to be out all day and continue to work and make contacts.
I hope this info helps a little. There is so much more involved too.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/14/11 11:48am
Msg #368645

A Mobile notary is a notary public who certifies signatures in an Alabama Gulf Coast city. A mobile Mobile notary is a notary public in an Alabama Gulf Coast city who goes off site to certify signatures. A Mobil mobile Mobile notary, on the other hand, is a retired functionary who was employed by the oil company that merged with Exxon to certify signatures off site in an Alabama Gulf Coast city.

I hope that's clear. I would hate to have to repeat it.

Reply by Barbara Taylor on 1/14/11 12:29pm
Msg #368652

Re: mobile notary

A mobile notary is a person who travels to various locations to perform notarization of various type documents. Usually calls from title, escrow, lenders as well as from regular citizens. However this type notary is usually commissioned and licensed to perform this type services for a fee other than normal. Fees would include, notarizing documents such as: Sales/Purchase, Refinance, Investments, Structured Settlements, Vechicle, HECM and other documents to which the mobile notary is educated in the lending/title, mortgage industry and other of what can be notarized and what not to touch. A mobile notary who is and have legal training, administer oaths, licensed by their state government to take fingerprint if required and take their office with them which will include traveling all day. The office on the road consist of: Notary Journal, Stamp Seal, Color Pens: Blue/Black, Cell Phone, Laptop Computer, Portable Printer, Portibale Scanner, Air Card (Broadband); Toner, Paper (Legal/Letter), UPS, FEDEX Envelopes and all the abilities needed as well as batteries. Usually this person cost more than a regular notary who is not licensed to perform settlements, because of the roadside assistance, can assist with last minute situations because of not needing to go back to their office to complete the task, the task is on the road. So this is true Mobile Notary. Also included in this a mobile notary notarized, Wills, POA and any other legal document within the venue and the guidelines of their Commission as well as what their license would allow.

So, if you are looking for a person with these abilities give me a call. (MD, WV and DC)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/14/11 12:38pm
Msg #368657

WV is an attorney-only state, is it not? n/m

Reply by Barbara Taylor on 1/14/11 12:53pm
Msg #368667

Re: WV is an attorney-only state, is it not?

West Virginia -- Require an attorney admitted to the state bar to be present or involved in the closing of real property transactions. Refinance and other matters are another issue.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/14/11 1:10pm
Msg #368672

A refi is a real property transaction...right? n/m

Reply by Pamela Hoyle on 1/15/11 1:52pm
Msg #368816

I was waiting...waiting...waiting...YES! Somebody took the bait! Thanks for the laugh!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.