Notary Rotary
new signing agent
Notary Discussion History

new signing agent
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Angelica matos on 1/4/11 6:22pm
Msg #366998

new signing agent

i am a new signing agent i have had my certificate for some time now and im trying to put my knowledge into practice... i was wondering if i could get some useful tips as: what should i be aware of? , what are the average fee's? , ect.... anything that could help me become the best signing agent that i can be.
it would be great to here from you all thanks very much....

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/4/11 6:45pm
Msg #367002

Please read

message #33325 (I hope I did that right so it links, if not - use the Search)

Much to glean from that message thread. =)

Reply by jba/fl on 1/4/11 7:38pm
Msg #367011

Re: Please read

Msg #33325

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/5/11 6:47am
Msg #367039

Show-off! =) n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 7:52am
Msg #367046

Objection!

It is my personal mission that this be mandatory knowledge for all. I love that when one can click on that link a new window opens. Then, one does not lose ones place in ones reading.

Otherwise - I have more control on my reading and not re-reading something.

I think that this is the greatest tool Harry has introduced. It isn't hard to remember either: just look at the message, copy the verbiage above the message and paste, or in the case of something one has in their memory, look at how it reads and copy the style.

Now, were I a show-off, I would not share this tip with you. Lord knows I have done it incorrectly plenty of times and others must have scratched their head, esp. when I did 3 in a row trying to get it.

Have a nice day. I am taking my ball and going away - NOT!

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/5/11 8:12am
Msg #367056

I bow to your agenda and shall make another feeble attempt

to comply ... it IS a great tool and dang it, I'm gonna nail this yet!

Attempt #2: Going from memory, looks like you typed msg(space)#number. Let me try:

Msg #33365

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/5/11 8:12am
Msg #367057

TA DA! n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 9:39am
Msg #367074

Hoorah! n/m

Reply by nobhill on 1/5/11 12:31am
Msg #367029

It would help to become certified and take a course.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/5/11 9:04am
Msg #367068

I agree with taking a course, not necessarily about

"certification". That concept was marketed by XYZ, and doesn't really mean a lot.
A good solid knowledge of notary laws & loan docs, printing docs, & what to expect in this industry is crucial, IMO.

Reply by Angelica matos on 1/5/11 4:23pm
Msg #367183

Re: I agree with taking a course, not necessarily about

i already took an online course i finished it some time ago

Reply by Angelica matos on 1/5/11 4:23pm
Msg #367184

Re: I agree with taking a course, not necessarily about

i already took the online course i finished it some time ago

Reply by jba/fl on 1/5/11 5:29pm
Msg #367203

Did you get an A? n/m

Reply by nobhill on 1/5/11 12:31am
Msg #367030

It would help to become certified and take an on-line course.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/7/11 3:07am
Msg #367403

Almost everything you can think of to ask has already been asked and answered - some things mega multiple times - on this board. So your best bet, after you've read through ALL of message 33325, is to get very comfortable with the orange search button. Another possibility is to go back to the beginning and read the entire forum history. [You'll come across lots of nonsense that can be skipped.]

What none of us will recommend is to ask lots of questions here without first trying to find the answer on your own. There isn't a lot of patience for being asked to repeat the same things over and over and over again. Also, keep reading here on a daily basis. I've been at this for over eight years and I still learn new things all the time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.