Notary Rotary
pdf attachments
Notary Discussion History

pdf attachments
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Gigi/CA on 1/26/11 9:43am
Msg #370135

pdf attachments

Has anyone experienced title companies not able to send docs by email in 2011? Is there a new privacy regulation in place?

Reply by bob/IA on 1/26/11 9:46am
Msg #370136

No.

Reply by Yowheelz on 1/26/11 9:49am
Msg #370139

Not here

but I do wish they would all come as one file and not 9 attachments

Reply by OR on 1/26/11 10:04am
Msg #370142

Yes earlier this month. I thought is was the title companies new policy. There was a problem with the up load to the web site. I asked them to send the docs to me in a pdf via email. They said it had to go to the secure web site only. They ended getting someone else to close that loan.

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/26/11 10:15am
Msg #370143

Was it First American out of Clearwater, I had the same thing happen.

Larry

Reply by jba/fl on 1/26/11 10:35am
Msg #370146

or TRG

Reply by Frank/NC on 1/26/11 12:01pm
Msg #370159

I'm beginning to see more TC using passwords and user names and it's a real pain. At this point I am actually keeping a book with user names and passwords for companies in that more and more are using them. Recently I was unable to open docs even using the PW and user name after 3-4 tries. Finally called the TC and was told they were forbidden to PDF docs without all the codes in that the TC employees were making errors sending docs to the wrong notary as well as others. Finally convinced her to send them in pdf.

Reply by Judy/TX on 1/26/11 12:14pm
Msg #370160

TRG has always sent my docs via email. Had one this past Monday that required me to logon to their website and get them that way. I emailed the scheduler to inquire why and she said they had put new securities measures in place and docs would no longer be emailed. This could be a problem, because at times docs are difficult to get from their site.

Reply by jnew on 1/26/11 1:06pm
Msg #370166

Many companies do not consider email/pdf to be secure. Actually, whether the TC knows this or not, security is often breached by the SS. The SS downloads the documents from a secure password protected website and then creates a PDF which they attach to an email to the SA.

Reply by jnew on 1/26/11 1:17pm
Msg #370167

If you have to upload to a customer and they won't accept email/pdf, ask the customer if they will accept a password protected pdf. When I create a PDF, I protect it with a password and then send a seperate email to the customer with the password. I usually will make it a combination of their order number and the last name of the borrower. I have also used google documents to send pdfs to a customer, they have some options you can choose to limit the persons receiving it and passwords as well.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.