Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
thinkbigworksmall- Its a fair market and holding I think.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by OR on 1/28/11 9:47am
Msg #370321

Treasuries and mortgage markets were soft into the 8:30 releases, initially weakened more before settling down by 9:00; at 9:00 the 10 yr note -11/32 at 3.43% +4 bp, mortgage prices down 7/32 (.22 bp). (see below for 10:00 levels). The economic improvement is increasing the possibility that the six week trading range for the 10 yr and mortgages is going break to higher rates soon. There are two factors that are still holding rates stable; inflation is low and there is nothing out there that suggests it is about to increase, and there is a potential for the equity markets are due for a correction after the huge improvement over the past six months.

The 10 yr note still is holding in its 25 basis point yield range; mortgages following along. This week so far the 10 yr note and mortgages are unchanged from last Friday's closes. So far there isn't enough momentum to drive the 10 yr note above 3.50%, however recent action is less optimistic. Rallies have been weaker than days when prices fall and yields increase. The rest of the session for the bond and mortgage markets will depend on how stock indexes trade.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.