Notary Rotary
Competition
Notary Discussion History

Competition
Go Back to July, 2011 Index

Posted by John Tennant on 7/8/11 10:15pm
Msg #389132

Competition

Do all of you have this type of competition???

Log on to Craigslist, San Diego, Legal and let me know.

In addition, use find a notary on Notrot and type in 92129.

Yep, a real lawyer offering signings at $65.00 and is a premier member of Notrot;.

I hope San Diego is an isolated city and the rest of you have a better chance of surviving.;

Just Venting, thanks for reading.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/9/11 8:04am
Msg #389145

That's really sad, John. These are desperate times indeed. n/m

Reply by JandB on 7/9/11 8:52am
Msg #389148

Do the borrowers come to him?

If they do and he already has an office for his legal practise then he can keep his costs down. It is hard to compete against that.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/9/11 8:58am
Msg #389149

Re: Do the borrowers come to him?...my thoughts too

Sec'y confirms with borrowers and does all pre-closing tasks; prints and preps pkg; maybe even does preliminary ID paperwork; he comes in and sits for 30 minutes; Sec'y closes out pkg and either drops for shipping or calls for pickup....all on law firm's dime - coffee money.

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 7/9/11 9:13am
Msg #389151

WOW. My first thought was that the legal business for him must be really slowing down too, if he is having his secretary take the time to take care of all of that instead of focusing on other legal work.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 7/9/11 9:28am
Msg #389154

As of July 20, 2011 AZ notaries public will no longer be permitted to advertise prices. The SOS Notary Div. has been monitoring this for quite a while.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/9/11 9:52am
Msg #389157

John this could turn into another "Linda Green" scenario or he doesn't want the people in his office to sit around surfing the web. He probably can cover 4 or 5 employees salary with just averaging 3 signings a day.

Reply by John Tennant on 7/9/11 10:00am
Msg #389158

Actually signings are done in the law office or as a mobile. Either way, $65.00 is a way too low.

Thanks all for your input.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/9/11 10:21am
Msg #389160

Stick to your comfort level John

I had NO signing in April, 2 in May, 3 in June and I'm still here and I will next year also.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/9/11 10:57am
Msg #389164

Different perspective

ONE Notary cannot be everywhere at once....not every borrower has the time or energy to go to his office to complete the signing, nor do they wish to drag three kids and an infant to an office to sign paperwork. Spouses work opposite shifts so one needs to sign at 6am and the other at 6pm. If said lawyer notary has 3 loan signing appointments scheduled between 2pm and 5pm, that means he can do NO OTHER loan signings between 2pm and 5pm. Many have posted that either they get no signing call offers, or they have to turn down offers because several signing call offers all want around the same appointment time for the borrowers.

Said lawyer notary may have appointments with non-signing clients...he may be on vacation...or have plans for the weekend, or doesn't want to complete an 11pm signing or doesn't want to drive an hour to the borrowers...or.........or.......or.......etcetera, etcetera, and so forth.

The bottom line is: Even though the pickins are slim, no notary is available every minute of every day. No notary can do it all - nor do they even want to. I don't even consider the UPS Store competition......I had a customer <general notary work> that had three signers and a total of 20 notarizations. I offered to complete 20 for the price of 10 if they paid cash upfront. They surely did. Would the UPS Store notarize 20 signatures for the price of 10? Fat chance! Their Notary is out to lunch, not working that day, the lines are long, etc. I frequently refer customers to them and next time, the customer calls me again. I also have several Notary friends that I refer customers to when I'm not available - they do the same for me.

I'll be concerned with competition when a Notary has cloned themselves or made 100 cyborg duplicates that can be just about everywhere at once. Until that time, I'm not concerned.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/9/11 11:06am
Msg #389167

Re: Different perspective

It ain't easy being me and two of me?....impossible LOL. Got to leave now and go five miles from my house and pick up $35.00 for an affidavit, no one else avail....hehe.

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/9/11 12:04pm
Msg #389169

Re: Different perspective

<<<.....no one else avail....hehe.>>>

BINGO!! That's why you're getting the $$$..... the other people can't <or choose not to> be available.

Reply by Notarysigner on 7/9/11 2:01pm
Msg #389179

Re: Different perspective...and received

a $65.00 tip, because they appreciated my coming out, honestly

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/9/11 11:17pm
Msg #389196

Re: Different perspective...and received

$65 tip? SWEET!! I notarized two signatures today and received a $5 tip - weeeeeheeee!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.