Notary Rotary
Hope for HOme
Notary Discussion History

Hope for HOme
Go Back to July, 2011 Index

Posted by Inez Nowell on 7/26/11 1:56pm
Msg #391313

Hope for HOme

Have a request to get 13 pages signed and 1 notarized from Gold Coast Doc Service in Mission Viejo, CA. She said was for Forensic Loan Audit for Hope for Home. Never heard of it but they do have a website that looks ligit...Anyone ever worked for her or had these docs signed? Search pulls up Gold Coast but goes back to 09, nothing recent. Customer also has to give me a check, not feeling good about this.

Thanks

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 7/26/11 3:02pm
Msg #391348

a forensic audit is another name for lets see if we can help you get your loan modified, reduced, etc...Something they could persue on their own. Check with your state govt. regulation websites regarding this topic and you will find if it is legal in your state or not, and under what circumstances. I would probably steer clear, if there were funds due upfront, unless I wanted to research the heck out of it, to see if they are really legit and approved to do this type of work, which I don't want to spend so much time having to research before I say yes or no. Just not worth it to me.

Reply by nez on 7/26/11 3:07pm
Msg #391353

I turned it down, they were not happy but I am too busy to fool with this kind of stuff. They are in Cal. so I assume it is legal for them, I am in Florida and I would not do this for our state.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/26/11 3:07pm
Msg #391352

Upfront fees are illegal in FL for any debt resolution

foreclosure avoidance, modifications or other services like that. In fact, I think they're illegal nationwide per FTC guidelines.

http://business.ftc.gov/blog/2011/02/upfront-fees-mortgage-relief-services-are-history

Reply by nez on 7/26/11 3:08pm
Msg #391354

Re: Upfront fees are illegal in FL for any debt resolution

I agree Linda that is why I turned it down. Even though both these companies are in California.

Reply by RonA/CA on 7/26/11 3:31pm
Msg #391361

Re: Upfront fees are illegal in FL for any debt resolution

The “Forensic Audit”
In exchange for an upfront fee, so-called forensic loan
“auditors,” mortgage loan “auditors,” or foreclosure
prevention “auditors” offer to have an attorney or
other expert review your mortgage documents to
determine if your lender complied with the law.
The “auditors” say you can use their report to avoid
foreclosure, speed the loan modification process,
reduce what you owe, or even cancel your loan. In
fact, there’s no evidence that forensic loan audits
will help you get a loan modification or any other
mortgage relief.
"Any collection of upfront fees are illegal in CA as far as I know"

Reply by MW/VA on 7/27/11 8:59am
Msg #391527

Sounds like another name for loan mod app.--they're not

legal in most states if they require an upfront fee to be paid. I don't touch those.
They're scams & crooks for the most part.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.