Notary Rotary
Laptops
Notary Discussion History

Laptops
Go Back to July, 2011 Index

Posted by Kathryn on 7/29/11 12:50pm
Msg #391963

Laptops

Please would anyone kindly give a suggestion for a good, lightweight laptop for me? I can't do high priced like a mac but I would like to spend enough to get quality. Thank You.

Reply by Eva75Eva on 7/29/11 2:46pm
Msg #391972

I have an Acer laptop which I bought at Best Buy on sale for just under $300.00. I've had it almost 2 years and so far it works great!

Reply by John Tennant on 7/29/11 2:49pm
Msg #391973

I have a Toshiba Satellite that I bought, on sale, from Office Depot 3 years ago. I have had Gateway and Acer in the past. This Toshiba is fast and a workhorse. I also prepare income taxes on it.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/29/11 3:06pm
Msg #391975

Acer is a good brand these days for the money. I try to buy all my electronics at Costco because of the return policy & their extended warranties.
IMO macs are over-rated and over-priced. I don't do "I" anything.
I am currently looking for a tablet and will replace a laptop & netbook. My tech guy says to go with android system because that's where everything is headed.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 7/29/11 3:44pm
Msg #391981

I too love my Toshiba. On my 2nd one. Like John said, they are workhorses.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 7/29/11 10:25pm
Msg #392036

I've been very happy with my Toshiba, also. More than 4 years old and still hanging in there. When I was shopping, I looked for deals in the Sunday papers. One thing I would have done differently is to get more RAM up front. I like to operate with lots of programs open and as new versions of operating systems and other software come out, they all seem to use more and more RAM memory (vs storage memory).

Reply by LKT/CA on 7/29/11 6:55pm
Msg #391997

With Ipad and other "pad" electronic technology, aren't laptops so "last month"? Aren't they going the way of the dinosaur?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 7/29/11 3:57pm
Msg #391982

I have a Dell Precision Mobile Workstation... M6500. But, then.... it was about as expensive as the MacBook Pro, so it's probably not what you'd want. I'm not usually a big Dell fan, but this is their macdaddy model and it rocks. It's meant for high-end, heavy duty use because I do more than the usual.

Reply by MW/VA on 7/29/11 9:27pm
Msg #392029

I agree with Marian that Dell makes good products. I bought my desktop from them, ordered it online with just what I wanted (you can custom build it according to your requirements). The website is Dell-shopping.

Reply by Kathryn on 7/29/11 9:54pm
Msg #392032

Thank You for all of your good advice. I am wondering what do you mean by getting a tablet? Will that work for our business?
I went to two stores tonight. wow, so confusing ! AMD and Intel Processors, speeds, memories, etc.
Ahh !!

Reply by SouthernOK on 7/30/11 7:43am
Msg #392048

I get laptops through dell outlet...deep discounts.

The only trick is to put it in your cart ASAP, or it'll be gone when you come back for it.

These are the scratch and dent or wrong color/size/configuration etc computers they make. If the computer left the warehouse but was sent back, you can save about 40% and it comes with the same awesome warranty and return policy.

My last two laptops were from the Dell outlet and I couldn't be happier!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/30/11 7:54am
Msg #392049

One more tip if you decide to order from Dell

order through the business side - not the personal side. Their customer service and tech support on the business side is ten times better than on the personal side.

All of our computers (2 laptops, 4 desktops) are Dell and we love the product - but our best experience with support and service has been on the laptops, which we bought from the business side. They are ALWAYS available and we don't get put on hold for 2 days waiting for answers.

I'll never order from the personal side again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.