Notary Rotary
Question About LSI
Notary Discussion History

Question About LSI
Go Back to July, 2011 Index

Posted by nobhill on 7/25/11 1:43am
Msg #391053

Question About LSI

Has anyone noticed LSI working through agencies and dropping their direct relationship with notaries? It seems they're opting to go with sleazy agencies that underpay notaries and/or provide late payments. LSI used to come to notaries individually.

I got an email questionnaire a while back from LSI, an deceptive attempt to have me cough up my client accounts to them. They disguised the questionnaire to make it look like I'd be getting more business by sharing such information when they really wanted all of my client contacts as alleged references.

You really have to be careful these days, it seems these title companies can play very dirty.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/25/11 5:35am
Msg #391062

Msg #362672
Msg #369311

Reply by JinCA on 7/25/11 9:30am
Msg #391082

Lately I have gotten "LSI" calls from a completely different phone #, the callers don't sound like English is their first language, and they don't ever approve higher fees for distance. Not a change for the better...

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/25/11 9:46am
Msg #391088

Me too!

Many new phone numbers and thick accents where I can barely understand the name "LSI". They've never approved higher fees for distance in my area. One call, I traced one number and it originated in Florida (didn"t know LSI was there).

Reply by S Peterson on 7/25/11 11:21am
Msg #391098

"originated in Florida", that's where their Corp. Offices

are located. Check the return address on the emvelopes your payments come in and on the check itself. LSI-LPS. LPS stands for Lender Processing Services 601 Riversifde Ave. Jacksonville, FLA 32204. Perhaps they are starting to consolidate positions, maybe closing certain locations. They have been in the news a lot lately, heard of the term ROBO-SIGNER?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/25/11 12:06pm
Msg #391107

Re: "originated in Florida", that's where their Corp. Offices

I thought they only had offices in PA and CA - never noticed the Florida address on the checks before but you're right it's on there (I keep copies). Yup, I've heard they have some sort of affiliation in the robo-signing issue.

When the different calls first started happening, I asked my favorite scheduler about it and she said that they have been slow and other offices have been helping out with the scheduling.

Reply by S Peterson on 7/25/11 12:13pm
Msg #391111

The calls I've received from them lately have come from the 904 area code and like the previous post, it is difficult to understand the caller sometimes. They will not go over their base fee. Question, if your favorite scheduler said they have been slow, why would they need help scheduling? Most likely, positions have been trimmed and everyone is doing more for less.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 7/25/11 12:25pm
Msg #391117

You're right. I just checked the email exchange we had - she said they were slow and there had been some layoffs, so the other offices were helping out.

Reply by S Peterson on 7/25/11 12:23pm
Msg #391116

"wanted all of my client contacts as alleged reference" OR

They plan on lowering their fees to match the recently lowered fees of SL and NL, the already too low fees of ND, etc. Not to mention that every other SS is claiming they have to reduce their fees becasue they only make $XX. No, I don't think they want your client list, I think they think they are paying too much for our services compared to what other Nationwide Title Companies are paying. JMO

Reply by NJDiva on 7/25/11 2:14pm
Msg #391145

I was told that

what happens a lot of times is people on the night shift don't want to be bothered with finding A notary, so, especially if it's near closing time, they'll just dump them on a SA.

I got that response when I inquired as to why they are using Speedy Closings when it is a deceitful, unscrupulous company (IMO AND EXPERIENCE).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.